Wyred4sound mPre preamp/DAC

recstar24

https://wyred4sound.com/products/pre-amps/mpre

would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this. For the price it looks too good to be true. I've been eyeing on an upgrade on my emotiva dc1 for a while, more so as a preamp vs DAC (so far my DAC usage has been cable tv from the oppo and Apple TV optical for tv/movie purposes). Fully discrete dual differential balanced both on the input and output side, but the kicker for me is that it will take the rca in and perform the balanced output "correctly" to feed my stealth monitors. Below is from the designer commenting in a 6moons review. 

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/wyred8/3.html

A friend of mine lent me for about one month their DAC-1. At first it sounded warm and likeable, but on the long run (after one week or two) it sounded too soft to be fun and enjoyable to me. No idea how the preamp performs, but if you're thinking of using the DAC, maybe you'd enjoy better something else.

5 hours ago, Torpedo said:

A friend of mine lent me for about one month their DAC-1. At first it sounded warm and likeable, but on the long run (after one week or two) it sounded too soft to be fun and enjoyable to me. No idea how the preamp performs, but if you're thinking of using the DAC, maybe you'd enjoy better something else.

DAC not important, current my DAC usage is comcast cable box and oppo output for movies and TV. Really just need a decent preamp but balanced output with a legitimate single ended to balance conversion for the TT.