Sitcoms

mypasswordis

I happened upon Letterkenny about a year ago and it's been great. Anyone have any recommendations for other good sitcoms? Not necessarily in the same vein. Other stuff I have seen and like: Seinfeld, first few seasons of That '70s show, The Office (US) before Michael Scott left, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development (not including the Netflix season). Sitcoms I hate: Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, anything with a horrendously fake laugh track

26 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

...anything with a horrendously fake laugh track...

Other than the ones filmed in front of a live audience, isn't that all of them?

I hate sitcoms, most of them are crap.  Parks and Rec is one of the few exceptions.  Seinfeld doesn't count, because it has embedded itself in our public consciousness...or something...

If you just want laughs, I have never laughed as hard as when I'm laughing while watching Archer.

There are plenty of sitcoms that don't have laugh tracks, including some of the ones I listed above, but I guess what makes them really bad is if I don't find the humor humorous which draws attention to the string of fake laughs every few seconds, especially if it's literally after every sentence. *goes to find list of sitcoms with live audiences*

9 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

There are plenty of sitcoms that don't have laugh tracks, including some of the ones I listed above, but I guess what makes them really bad is if I don't find the humor humorous which draws attention to the string of fake laughs every few seconds, especially if it's literally after every sentence. *goes to find list of sitcoms with live audiences*

Yeah, I think that's the bigger problem.  I think 2.5 men is filmed in front of a live audience, and I agree, the humor in it sucks.

• Like 1

If you want something dark with the same actor as from the clip above, check out 19-2.  The English version that is...probably one of the best shows ever made.  Seriously, the first episode of season two... shit!! 

There are also a pile of quirky Canadian shows that have been brilliant low key oddity.  Keeping with the hockey theme... Rent-a-goalie was excellent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I hate sitcoms, most of them are crap.  Parks and Rec is one of the few exceptions.  Seinfeld doesn't count, because it has embedded itself in our public consciousness...or something...

If you just want laughs, I have never laughed as hard as when I'm laughing while watching Archer.

Agreed that most of them are crap, but the ones that are good are gold. Is it possible to like Parks and Rec and not The Office (US)? I think they had the same producer(s), and the first season of Parks was pretty much a carbon copy of The Office. It did diverge after that. Reminds me to check out the UK version.

Laughs are what I'm looking for, yeah. I definitely liked the first few seasons of Archer, but got a little tired of it and haven't kept up recently, but probably should. 

3 hours ago, TMoney said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Try a few episodes and see if it works for you.

I tried to get into it awhile back and couldn't for some reason. Will try again, thanks. Another one I need to retry is It's Always Sunny.

3 minutes ago, spritzer said:

If you want something dark with the same actor as from the clip above, check out 19-2.  The English version that is...probably one of the best shows ever made.  Seriously, the first episode of season two... shit!! 

There are also a pile of quirky Canadian shows that have been brilliant low key oddity.  Keeping with the hockey theme... Rent-a-goalie was excellent. 

Interesting, will look into it. Everyone keeps comparing Letterkenny to Trailer Park Boys so that might be one to try

I've been meaning to check out Scrubs and Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Yes, definitely check out the UK version of The Office, far superior, IMHO.

2 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

Laughs are what I'm looking for, yeah. I definitely liked the first few seasons of Archer, but got a little tired of it and haven't kept up recently, but probably should. 

"Tired of it"?  So you haven't even gotten to...uh...well...the gunfight on top of a train?  So much hilarity.  You must watch it further.

• 1 month later...