2018 PCB Group Buy with TKD pots

sbelyo

19 hours ago, samsie said:

agree, yes,  four sets  power supplies,  many projects to  be completed

Yes indeed. :) I have a few things in the work that these 4 will be for. 

Would anyone be interested in getting Grounded Grid or KGBH boards? I can provide gerbers. I'd like to get one or the other (or both) but if no one else is interested I'm not gonna rock the boat etc. 

2 hours ago, sbelyo said:

I can add them to the sheet.  Are parts easy to be found for the KGBH?  I always wanted to build that

Not the original one at least (2SA1968s for starters). I did see a thread for a BJT build of this, but didn't go thru it. One of the stat guys can advise you much better than I can though...

4 hours ago, sbelyo said:

I can add them to the sheet.  Are parts easy to be found for the KGBH?  I always wanted to build that

There is a new version KGBH that uses current parts. I ran a GB on it last year. In addition to replacing the 2SA1968 as the CCS parts as Pars pointed out, this version also replaces the 2SK216/2SJ79 JFET with current production BJT parts.

19 hours ago, mwl168 said:

There is a new version KGBH that uses current parts. I ran a GB on it last year. In addition to replacing the 2SA1968 as the CCS parts as Pars pointed out, this version also replaces the 2SK216/2SJ79 JFET with current production BJT parts.

I would be in for another set of these boards.  The BH-BJT has become my favorite amp these days.  Just love it.  I would like to have another set of boards in case my son or brother decide they cannot live without one. Here are the gerbers. kgbhver6sbipolar.zip

Edited by Blueman2

20 hours ago, gepardcv said:

I'd be in for a GG set.

Awesome. I can upload the gerbers tonight when I get home if we want to add this to the sheet?

17 hours ago, Blueman2 said:

I would be in for another set of these boards.  The BH-BJT has become my favorite amp these days.  Just love it.  I would like to have another set of boards in case my son or brother decide they cannot live without one.  I will add the BH-BJT to the sheet.  Here are the gerbers.   Not sure what the dht version is vs other.  

kgbhver6sbipolardht.zip

kgbhver6sbipolar.zip

Not 100% sure of the differences either. Does anyone know? Quick glance shows multiple heater connections

Also curious if GRHV is the best PSU to use for this or if there is a different BH PSU that should be used? Gonna do some reading on the threads here tonight to try and find out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DronEvil said:

Awesome. I can upload the gerbers tonight when I get home if we want to add this to the sheet?

I think these are the latest gg Gerbers.  I will add to the spreadsheet.  Since tubed, I will spec 2mm board thickness.  

gg.zip

4 hours ago, DronEvil said:

Also curious if GRHV is the best PSU to use for this or if there is a different BH PSU that should be used? Gonna do some reading on the threads here tonight to try and find out.

Yes, these work well with the BH.  Good clean power with the ability to add timer function for the HV section.  This allows the tubes to warm up for about a minute before the HV kicks in.  The only real question is whether to use the on board Low Voltage which the GRHV provides, or whether you want to go with separate GRLV board(s).  I used the GRHV on board LV supply and it works fine on my BH-BJT.  

Edited by Blueman2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, kevin gilmore said:

don't build the DHT one unless you plan on spending piles of cash on tubes

Ah!!!  Direct heated triodes!  That is what dht meant.  Thanks for the clarification.  Removed the DHT files and left only the regular one.  

EML 20B V4. Only $500 each. 

Good lord that’s enough to build another amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seeing only a few people have signed up for Carbon boards.
I have some version 6g from PCBNet 2mm/3oz, that I don't mind departing from (16.75USD/ea). If interested shoot me a PM.

That’s a good deal... make sure to remove the carbon from your name in the sheet

Would the GRHV be appropriate for a 12ax7 + 6V6 play thingy or is it overkill or the wrong purpose altogether?

I am playing around with some tube preamps but in a low voltage scenario at the moment since I don't have a high voltage power source currently.

Edited by masamoto

Hi,
Is the tube bal/unbal with power supply one stereo set? (I still want the reserved SS ones too)
Steef

I’ve got your SS set put aside. I have to look at the Gerbers tonight to see if it’s one board per channel for the tube