2018 PCB Group Buy with TKD pots

sbelyo

Thanks...  Even thought I have a belly full of Thai food (Pad Cashew 4* spicy) I unpacked the rest of the boards.  I'll open some packaged and snap a few pics tomorrow.  My goal is to have all the orders put together this week. 

Thanks for the updates.  These group buys put a big load on the person who organizes them, and this one was the mother of all group buys.  So don't sweat it.  I certainly appreciate all your efforts on pulling this buy together!

22 hours ago, eggil said:

if you have any grounded grids to spare I am interested

Let me package everything up and see what's left

18 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Any word on when the TDK pots might come in? Seeing all the lovely boards is making me itch to get started on project stuff.

should be about 2-3 weeks

just finished all the THAT340 packs.  I don't want to snap any more v scores.  My fingers hurt lol...

• Like 4

In the last 20 minutes I got the bug to build a Dynahi....

I admit I am confused about various versions / names of versions - some versions balanced , some symmetry-balanced, some using THAT340,  older ones not, some with currently-available parts, original board based on old parts, etc.....

First off: Did you end up with any extra dynahi boards of any description?  Seems unlikely.... but I thought I'd ask

Second: Failing that you have any boards- does anyone have any idea where I could get a dynahi board? I guess I am most interested in building an unbalanced version, similar to the original dynahi...

I've looked around and since the dynahi was an older project, boards seem pretty thin on the ground these days.

Thanks for the info.

I had seen the Chinese  PCB's and the Chinese pre-built boards on eBay.  I am leery of going that route, not because I worry about quality but because there's something that seems - well, at the very least impolite-  about someone selling Dr. Gilmore's designs commercially or even semi-commercially, without his permission and likely not compensating him in any way.  Bad karma, probably. If I accumulate any more bad karma, it's likely that the rest of my hair will fall out or something even worse will fall off....

IN ANY EVENT,  I found someone on Head-Fi who had acquired a complete set of parts for a balanced Dynahi a few years back, and he was offering to sell them at his cost.  He never got around to building the amp, and just wanted his expenditure back.  So I just now bought that.  It includes all the matched transistors and etc.  That's really great because hunting down parts is not my favorite part of building stuff, my favorite part is the craft aspect of assembly, and especially designing and crafting good looking casework.

But like I said, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the info.
I had seen the Chinese  PCB's and the Chinese pre-built boards on eBay.  I am leery of going that route, not because I worry about quality but because there's something that seems - well, at the very least impolite-  about someone selling Dr. Gilmore's designs commercially or even semi-commercially, without his permission and likely not compensating him in any way.  Bad karma, probably. If I accumulate any more bad karma, it's likely that the rest of my hair will fall out or something even worse will fall off....

IN ANY EVENT,  I found someone on Head-Fi who had acquired a complete set of parts for a balanced Dynahi a few years back, and he was offering to sell them at his cost.  He never got around to building the amp, and just wanted his expenditure back.  So I just now bought that.  It includes all the matched transistors and etc.  That's really great because hunting down parts is not my favorite part of building stuff, my favorite part is the craft aspect of assembly, and especially designing and crafting good looking casework.

But like I said, thanks for the reply.

That was a good deal... I have the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk