CanJam in NYC Feb 17-18

Iron_Dreamer

It still sounds closed, and not sort of half-closed like the Z1R. But the overall tonality is warmer than the HD800S, which is in most cases appreciated (for me, the original HD800 is pretty much unlistenable). Female vocals sounded kind of wonky but I didn't have time to further investigate. I like the new pads but don't know if they will have longevity problems, like all of Sennheiser's other ones. 

• Like 1

I had a great time.  I know for next year I'll bring my own source like a high res DAP and a cable.  I'll book a room next time and take the time to listen to things I'm considering buying.  There was so much stuff I wanted to try I got overwhelmed and lost focus.  The best thing I took away is that my own hand built DIY gear can hang with some of the high dollar stuff out there so big thanks to all hear at head-case for providing the designs, support and guidance. 

I did like the Auris Headonia.  That's a sweet amp, but at 7500 euro it's a bit out of my price range.  I listened to some $38,000 mono-block setup that sounded great but a Stax SR-L500 and a Stax amp that I did not remember the model number of sounded just as good to my ears being fed by a laptop.

• Like 1

I listened to the MySphere twice in the Woo Room fit is funky when you first try it. It sounded pretty good with really extended headstage but something was going on with them with the bass ,they all of a sudden started distorting when the volume increased. I think there was a issue with them as they where pre production units.

I was disappointed as I like The K1000 a lot. I will give them another try when the  final production units are available to listen.

I didn't care for the Wells $38000. monoblock setup with the AbYss.

• Like 3