ALSO

SRL300 Limited

Can anyone confirm the difference between SRM-353X and the SRM-353XBK (Limited) beside the gold badge and black paint job?

I don't think there is any other difference. The limited model will probably maintain a higher resale value

Edited by justin

They don't mention any difference and knowing Stax, they would if there was any.  They talked enough about the feet on the T8000...  ;)

• Haha 1

On 25/05/2018 at 5:59 PM, Jonny said:

Does the L300 also have the same Bug as the L700?

and what is the solution therefore?

I can confirm I don't have this issue with my L300 or L300 Limited either.

On 5/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, spritzer said:

All of the Lambda's are reasonably close in performance but I feel the L700 is better but I'd have to compare them all side by side and play with the earpads too to get a proper picture of it all.  Just don't have the time for that now. 

Did you have the chance ?

As a slight (and obviously extremely exciting) update.. Due to life happening, I didn't get to swap the headband back when we discussed it.

Happily, in the interim, the death grip seems to have settled down as have the L-300-LE in general. They're a lot more comfy now, and I could swear they're also sounding a bit better- more interesting down low, some action below the mid-bass.

I'm quite pleased with how they perform, they punch well above their weight in combination with my little amp. There are no glaring sins in the sound, at least for someone like me who doesn't necessarily crave the "impact" of heavier drivers with more excursion.

I just received my L300 limited. They do not look bad but I'm not sure if it deserves more the purchase of an L700. I guess in a couple of hours I can try both.

kwVkK4K.jpg

I do not know what to think but a priori the L700 seems to me superior.

Just to the L300 or to the 007 too? What revision are those Omega?

I mean, the L700 seems superior to the L300 Limited. Sure

The Omega are some MK2 from the end of 2015. O2 is the most balanced and and it's my reference headset. 

The L700 has a more relaxed sound, with some very nice trebles but with a bass somewhat fair. The L300 Limited seems warmer, but it lacks the precision and finesse of the L700's treble.

Anyone who thinks that the L300 limited is like an L700 or looks like it, I think it's wrong.

The question is: at the same price, what is the best purchase, the L300 Limited or the L500?

That would be a much closer comparison.  It's been too long since I've had a L500 here to make any meaningful comparisons but they are pretty close from memory.  The L700 is easily superior though...