Atlanta - AAC (old A-VCOA) Meet on Sunday, May 6th 2018

jhm3

We may have changed the club name to the Atlanta Audio Club, but our commitment to support Southeastern region headphone enthusiasts is still the same. While we can't do another CanLanta event, we will do a meet at the Dunwoody Driving Club where we met last year. Same location, same time... 12N to 5PM. As usual we'll provide space, tables, power, and refreshments!

We invite all who have participated in the past to show us your latest and greatest whether you're from the industry or an enthusiast. We'll find room for everyone to show off your "stuff". If you didn't make it last year, here's another chance!! This meet is open to all, and everyone is welcome, from beginners to crusty old veterans of the headphone wars! There will be something of interest for everyone. Keep watching this forum to see who plans on being here!

John 

Hey Brent,

The meet will not be the same without you.  Where are you guys now?

John,

I hope to attend the meet as always.  I'm sure Matt will attend as well.  Not sure if Justin will be able to make meet this time.  I already contacted Arthur Power of Matrix USA and he will be sending gears as usual.

Hey Brent,
The meet will not be the same without you.  Where are you guys now?

John,
I hope to attend the meet as always.  I'm sure Matt will attend as well.  Not sure if Justin will be able to make meet this time.  I already contacted Arthur Power of Matrix USA and he will be sending gears as usual.
Hey Purk, I kinda moved to Seattle. Give me a call if you want. I'm up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Schiit Audio will be partnering with us to sponsor the May headphone meet! They will be providing some of the funding and some of their current production equipment as well as several items that will be new to the market. The new equipment will not have been introduced in any venue yet. This will be its “sort-of” introduction! Grover Neville of Schiit Audio will be providing us an equipment list as soon as he is able. I will make sure the equipment listings get on this website as soon as I have them. There will be an initial list, which will be added to once Schiit Audio releases the new equipment they will be demonstrating. Grover will be in attendance as Schiit Audio’s representative and will be able to answer any of your questions about the equipment.

In addition, Grover will also be contacting other manufacturers that Schiit Audio partners with and asking them to provide equipment also. He specifically mentioned Audeze!

Looks like this meet may be a bit bigger than we initially expected! If you're planning on attending let us know on this forum so that we can get an approximate headcount!

Remember that we will have both industry and enthusiast exhibitors. Let us know if you plan to exhibit!!

John

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Atlanta Audio Club  
Direct: 770-330-3919
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.atlantaaudioclub.org

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, I promised we'd publish a list of the Schiit Audio Gear that Grover will be bringing. At this time here's what he's telling me!

We'll have the new Multibit card Lyr and Jotunheim, a loki/magni 3/modi stack, Valhalla and Bifrost Multibit. I think I've got a Raggy and Yggy lined up, but I'll hold off on promising that until I know for sure. May be one or two other assorted small things. Audeze will be there too.

Also heard from Evan Grimm with Audeze, and he will be coming with a whole gaggle of their products;

LCD-2 (may be bringing something else in place of this)
LCD-3 (may be bringing something else in place of this)
LCD-X
LCD-XC
LCD-4
LCD4-Z (this one may replace one of the LCD-2’s or LCD-3’s)
LCD-MX4
iSINE10
iSINE20
LCDi4

Purk, you should get the chance!  BTW, getting kind of concerned! Not hearing from near as many people this year as last. If you are coming, please respond to this thread and let us know! 

BTW, just got a Hifiman SuperMini in. Got to get some microSD cards to make it work though! Didn't realize all I had were plain old SD cards... Duh!

Hi John,

Got the shipping confirmation from Arthur Power.  We will have the Matrix Mini I Pro 2S and Violetric HPA-100 to play with.  Justin of Headamp will be sending the the Gilmore Lite MKII along with the GS-X MKII hopefully early next week.  I hope we can spread the word out.  This is shaping up to be a really good local meet.

Remember that this is NOT like our regular meetings. You can come at any time from 12N to 5:00 PM. You can wander the tables and see and hear many of those products you have only heard about on the Head-FI, Head-Case, and Superaudiobestfriends websites. Bring your own headphones and sample the players and headphone dacs & amps! Bring your player and sample the dacs/amps and phones! This is your chance to see/hear the entry level, the high end, and even historic equipment all in one place. New to headphone listening? Get a chance to pick the brains of the professionals and knowledgeable enthusiasts who will be there! All this an light refreshments provided by AAC and Schiit Audio, the sponsors of this event!

A loaner gears from Matrix & Violetric arrived yesterday.  Justin's goodies including the GS-X MKII & Gilmore lIte MKII alonge with Audeze LCD-X will be delivered today.  I'm excited for  the meet.  Meet won't be the same without Brent, Justin, and Collins though.  Doug showing up this weekend with be awesome!

• Thanks 1

We had a great time at the meet.  However, this gathering was not quite the same without Justin, Collin, Matt, and Brent.  Hopefully Doug will accompany us in 2019. 

I would like to thank Justin for sending GSX-MKII, Gilmore Lite MKII for the meet.  I would also like to say thank you to Arthur of Matrix Audio for sending the Matrix & Violetric loaner equipment including the Matrix Mini Pro 2S & Violetric HPA-100.  Really appreciate John Morison and Audio Club of Atlanta for organizing the event.  Great to see Audeze & Schiit attending the event.  I had a blast talking and chatting with Tom of Beezar Audio and listen to Doug & Tom Torpedo 4.  Sorry for bad iPhone pictures.

IMG_8559.JPG

My table

IMG_8560[259].jpg

Doug & Tom new Torpedo 4 pre-production prototype  (sorry for bad lighting & picture)

IMG_8562.JPG

We had a great time.

IMG_8563.JPG

Wachara's Jeklin Float Clone was there.  I brought the Aristaeus and people love it with the SR009.

IMG_8565.JPG

SR-009 + Aristaeus bliss

IMG_8566.JPG

Brought along my modified CD3000 as well.  Just about everyone likes it over the Sony MDR-Z1R.

IMG_8569.JPG

Audeze & Schitt were there teaming up.  Their LCD-4 & LCD-4Z sounded wonderful out of Justin's GS-X MKII

IMG_8572.JPG

This lovely couple was there.  They both checked out the SR009 & the Jeklin Clone.

IMG_8573.JPG

The lady in the middle is a true headphone geek.  She owns the Focal Utopia.

IMG_8575.JPG

Toward the end of the meet, we had a little Torpedo 4 & GSX MKII shoot out.  Everyone agreed that they were equally wonderful despite difference in tonality.

IMG_8578.JPG

This gentlemen actually prefer the Torpedo 4.

Edited by purk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So happy everyone enjoyed themselves! The lady with the Focal Utopias was at her second meet and vows to return next year WITH the Utopias this time so stay tuned!! I had a ball and just wished I had had time to hear more of the systems. BTW, I did get the HifiMan Supermini working perfectly today. Turns out I needed to install a firmware update that fixed all the problems we experienced yesterday. Listening to it right now and it even plays my Sennheiser HD580 and 650 louder than I care to listen!! Listening to it through my HifiMan HE400i's and the sound is amazing for the tiny little player that it is!! 

Keep the first Sunday in May open next year. Hopefully we'll be doing it again. 

Many thanks to Grover Neville with Schiit Audio who co-sponsored the event and also to his partner in crime Evan Grimm with Audeze! They brought a lot of great equipment for us to enjoy. Also present were Tom B from Beezar Audio who brought his stupid good amps, and Purk who not only brought his own equipment, but equipment provided by Justin Wilson of Headamp and Arthur Power of Violectric and Matrix!! Also others too numerous to mention who made this such a great meet! Can't wait until next year!!

John

Edited by jhm3
correct typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1