HiFiMAN Shangri-la Jr. Electrostatic Headphones

justin

1 hour ago, Whitigir said:

W0W! Better sound much more impressive than an SR009!

btw, how and where did you ordered them ?

I'm a HiFiMAN dealer!

12 minutes ago, spritzer said:

That cable just makes me cringe... was there nothing else available except cheap techflex?  :)

i think you need to buy one and check it out in person

9 minutes ago, Laowei said:

Has the V2 been announced yet? 

usually about two months after the first one has been released

25 minutes ago, SeaWolf said:

But, but, they are now using metal and not plywood..

and susvara is more expensive than this one. by fan biang's logic, the result should be susvara>shangrila jr.

5 hours ago, Whitigir said:

Uh huh, using that anology, reliability immediately comes to mind

Speaking of reliability, I was at CanJam NYC this year, they had a HiFiMan table and the Shangri-La Sr. amp was on display - but it wasn't working. Quoth the HFM rep, "Well, it's been shipped around a lot." Uh-huh.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, justin said:

i think you need to buy one and check it out in person

You terrible tempter you!!!  :huh:

3 hours ago, JimL said:

Speaking of reliability, I was at CanJam NYC this year, they had a HiFiMan table and the Shangri-La Sr. amp was on display - but it wasn't working. Quoth the HFM rep, "Well, it's been shipped around a lot." Uh-huh.

That just can't be with their stellar report of excellent build quality!!!  :ph34r:

Oh come on, you have  to go big or go home, what's this "Jr" nonsense? You want the "corrupt regional government official"-priced system, complete with the Bladerunner brothel-looking amp! Moar shinies=moar bettar. So what if neither the amp nor the drivers will  last very long, you'll be too busy shopping for private jets to notice.

Edited by Kattefjaes
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kattefjaes said:

Oh come on, you have  to go big or go home, what's this "Jr" nonsense? You want the "corrupt regional government official"-priced system, complete with the Bladerunner brothel-looking amp! Moar shinies=moar bettar. So what if neither the amp nor the drivers will  last very long, you'll be too busy shopping for private jets Lamborghini's and mail-order brides to notice.

Fixed.....

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitigir said:

Why KgSS on taobao ? Jr has an dedicated amp by HFM itself.  The JR use bias Pro, so anything with that, reliability issues aside :D

I wonder what's HFM's track record on amps ?

From their website on the Shang system... I'm no expert but I thought resistors should be soldered flushed to the board?

IMG_2014.PNG

11 minutes ago, joch said:

I wonder what's HFM's track record on amps ?

From their website on the Shang system... I'm no expert but I thought resistors should be soldered flushed to the board?

IMG_2014.PNG

For HV, it’s best practice to space the resistor body off contacting the PCB to prevent any possible stray shorts or arcing.