Nate's Cycling Adventure 2018 Edition - Back to the Century

n_maher

This year marks a return to form (hopefully) and therefore I'm prepping to ride the full century in support of the Kelly Brush Foundation.   The effects of the tick bite appear to have waned since around Christmas so I've been training hard, mixing in quite a bit of mountain bike riding as well as other non-bike-related exercise and actually doing a little weight training.  It appears to be paying off. 

For those that don't know, the Kelly Brush Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals with spinal cord injuries in finding ways to get out and enjoy an active lifestyle.  For me, this is a cause close to my heart.  I love the outdoors and the freedom to explore it in a variety of ways and have worked with organizations like the KBF for the last twenty years to help others do the same.   

The mission remains the same, regardless of distance, so I'm trying to raise a bunch of money again this.  As usual, all of the donations are tax deductible and like last year I'm looking for interesting ways to sweeten the pot if you open your wallet a little bit.  To start, I'll do the same thing that I did last year.  Any donation in excess of $50 ears itself a shipment of at least two choice New England beers.  Top $100 and it'll at least be a mixed 4pk.  I've already been working on my stash of Maine-based beer to start things off and will undoubtedly be doing some shopping when in VT on the way to the ride.  

Here's the link to donate - https://kbf.akaraisin.com/ui/16790/participant/3444604?Lang=en-US - any donation is greatly appreciated, large or small.  

Thanks,
Nate

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bumping this back up - thanks for the initial round of support, guys!  

Also, to support my fund raising efforts I'm selling my neglected Garmin Edge 500.  If anyone wants it, let me know.  I'm asking for a $75 donation for it and it includes the original box, cable, mount, manuals, and I just replaced the battery.

Done. 

Sorry I haven't been around. Work is crazy fucking busy. As of last week I am permanently the Chief Engineer and Director of S&T (usually two different folks) for my department of 750ish folks. Also just became an associate editor of a moderately important journal in my field. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Aura said:

at what mile marker are you required to pull over and chug a hazy IPA?

Most likely before and after. We used to stop at a brewery on the old century in NH (Moat Mountain) but I don't think there's one on this route.  The kickoff party on Friday night is hosted by Switchback Brewing which is pretty good but the planned route getting to the ride includes Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, and Foam Brewing so there should be plenty of haze in my weekend.  ?

And again, thanks to everyone for their generous donations.  This group never ceases to amaze and I'll do my best to do you proud.  I'll try to get a few pics uploaded during and after.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...