Sony WM1A and microSD

CD44hi

I think the GS-X Mini would be a great choice for the Utopia.  As good as the ZH1ES is, it isn't as transparent as the GS-X / or the mini Dynalo that I have.  Less dynamic sounding too.  However, you can buy the ZH1ES used for less than $1500 and you are about 85-90% there to the GSX Mini and you don't need to get another DAC.  If you need a cheap but very good DAC, I highly recommended the SMSL SU-8 1.2 version DAC.  For $250 off Amazon, it offers a really good sound for cheap.  No harshness that I could detect either. 

• Like 1

Purk if the TA-ZH1ES is 85% of the GXS mini + Yggy that must sounds mind blowing as the Sony just arrived and I find it outstanding 

I have not heard those either, but I do agree regarding the Sony TA-ZH1ES. I find it pairs really well with the Audio Technica W1000Z. The W3000anv are in storage so I can post any thoughts on those. It also pairs well with the HD800S

On 2/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, jp11801 said:

Purk if the TA-ZH1ES is 85% of the GXS mini + Yggy that must sounds mind blowing as the Sony just arrived and I find it outstanding 

Glad you are liking it.  I hope you did get it for a good price.  I think the DAC is an after thought however.  Wish the line level out is always active though.