Mjolnir Audio Dynalo 2 , just bought it.

Wizzer

I just purchased this amplifier and have a couple questions , but first I never used headphones and just getting started and would like some advice which manufacturers of headphones would mate well with the Mjolnir Audio Dynalo Bipolar 2 .

A little back ground , the fellow I purchased the Mjolnir from was also selling his Audeze 3 headphones as a package deal however I found these headphones uncomfortable after a 1/2 hour of listening. He suggested a slew of other manufacturers and told me to browse headfi headphone site . I couldn’t make much sense of what I read and doing searches I landed here .

i appreciate anyone’s direction to a quality comfortable headphone I guess in the 2 to 3000 dollar range , Thank you .

8 minutes ago, Pars said:

I presume those are LCD3s? You might do some searching for different pads (head-fi, though noisy, might give you some ideas).

I couldn’t say if they were LCD model I didn’t study them too close the fellow introduced them as Audeze 3s. I found them a touch heavy and he went through adjustments to get them to fit my head and once I felt we hit a sweet spot he let the music play .

I guess I have to get use to something clamped on my head however after awhile they seemed to get uncomfortable just a little tight .

Many thanks and maybe soft pads would work .

On 9/5/2018 at 9:51 PM, Pars said:

I presume those are LCD3s? You might do some searching for different pads (head-fi, though noisy, might give you some ideas).

I thank my lucky stars coming across Bob Katz review of Mjölnir Audio , good start .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tumpux said:

I guess if Mr Katz likes it then it couldn't be wrong.. ☺️

Yep , I’ve been a fan of Katz’s work in the recording industry for decades not only his work as a engineer also as a author .

The Mjölnir Bipolar is a great match up with the Audeze 4Zs foremost and secondly a fantastic deal at $2100.00 .