Hifiman Jade II

spritzer

A distributor would not bad-mouth a manufacturer he sells. Nothing unreasonable there. That said, you should definitely stay away from Hifiman. The HE-500 and HE-6 were pretty good, but that’s it, unfortunately.

PS: It’s a good idea to remove names and personally-identifiable information from screenshots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like they're trying to steer customers to stuff that doesn't sell to clear out inventory...

Anyway, never heard the Jade 2 so I can't judge, but having lived with the L700 for a couple of years, I think you'll be happy. Maybe not the last word in technicality or accuracy but a very engaging, vivid, and musical sounding headphone that I've enjoyed about as much as anything I've had over the years. Very punchy and dynamic sounding too.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jose said:

On the other hand, the Hifiman depreciate a lot in a very short time.

I hold a view that any manufacturer that constantly turns out new models rapidly is after a quick dollar, and Spritzers autopsy was illuminating 

Thanks @Anna

I know Guillaume and the owner George at A2A, they're good blokes but again its his opinion what he thinks of the Hifiman headphones and I know the top end models don't sell alot. 

Aside from reliability and QC issues Hifiman headphones exhibit the second biggest issue with there headphone range is the sell and dump scheme they've adopted. None of there headphones hold value because they release revised iterations shortly after a headphone is announced and sold to the general public. 

Same concept Cavalli Audio had with there amplifiers and it pissed off a lot of early preorder adopters who paid full price. Now Cavalli Audio is no more. 

Edited by DefQon

3 hours ago, jose said:

I do not think that Hifiman has the same fate as Cavalli. Maybe they give up electrostatic headphones but I doubt they will disappear from the headphone business.

No but they may continue to mass produce unreliable or quickly outdated garbage. When they announced the HE1k with v2 and so forth, they pissed off alot of people on HF.

8 hours ago, DefQon said:

Thanks @Anna

I know Guillaume and the owner George at A2A, they're good blokes but again its his opinion what he thinks of the Hifiman headphones and I know the top end models don't sell alot. 

Aside from reliability and QC issues Hifiman headphones exhibit the second biggest issue with there headphone range is the sell and dump scheme they've adopted. None of there headphones hold value because they release revised iterations shortly after a headphone is announced and sold to the general public. 

Same concept Cavalli Audio had with there amplifiers and it pissed off a lot of early preorder adopters who paid full price. Now Cavalli Audio is no more. 

Am aware that he's in the business of making sales,but please be open to the fact that 'JUST MAYBE" the stock being sold does have issues and to push a brand needs complete confidence in that brand when talking about $4000  sales, so, am going elsewhere to buy my headphones now.

I am looking for a dealer who carries Stax AND  Cyrus Cdi players , preferably in Brisbane.

11 hours ago, DefQon said:

No but they may continue to mass produce unreliable or quickly outdated garbage. When they announced the HE1k with v2 and so forth, they pissed off alot of people on HF.

They still pissing off alot of people. They've flooded every segment of the market. Their crappy builds, start from $100 and goes all the way to $50k

Edited by Mach3

I've been on HF since the beginning (though I registered an account in 2002) and now there is nothing good there.  It's just endless hype, shilling and no substance at all.  I used to get depressed when I read through the Stax thread which was always the last bastion of sanity but those days are long gone...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

When I am looking at ,to me, a reasonably large amount of outlay, headphones being my best option due to apartment living ,I am quite thorough in my assessments and my choices are made after reading everything I can get my hands on, so, when a brand keeps screaming cheap and tacky that's when I   am not too impressed when told I really need to consider it over a proven competitor 

For me there is no comparison between Stax and Hifiman, I have my issues with the Stax amps as they desperately need to modernize them and for me, some of the headphones just sound "off" but there no denying the quality.  Now the new Stax amps from China, D10 and D50, don't really fall under this as they are experiencing major issues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spritzer said:

For me there is no comparison between Stax and Hifiman, I have my issues with the Stax amps as they desperately need to modernize them and for me, some of the headphones just sound "off" but there no denying the quality.  Now the new Stax amps from China, D10 and D50, don't really fall under this as they are experiencing major issues. 

My query re alternatives to Stax amps is on the amplifier section if you can enlighten me please, I have on that question listed 3 Stax amps am considering but am aware that there are alternatives just dont know what they are

Anna, have you considered the Campfire Audio Andromeda? I’m sure you can find a dealer near you with demo units. It’s my go-to whenever I’m not by my desk with the 007+Carbon rig. CA quality is great and customer service and warranty the best I’ve seen in audio. Way better than Stax’s stingy warranties for sure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spritzer said:

Ahhh it's on HF, no way I'm going to that cancer of a site ever again. 

I read the rebuttal. The only substantive thing there is a photo showing (what the poster claims is) two 2M ballast resistors in series. Are they missing on your unit?