Atlanta Audio Club Annual Meet - May 5, 2019

jhm3

This is our first full year, legally, as the Atlanta Audio Club, and once again we are honoring our commitment to support Southeastern Region headphone enthusiasts. We can’t do another CanLanta type event as it is just too much for our club to produce each year. (NOTE: We own the Canlanta.org URL. If an interested entity with the manpower and money to make another CanLanta event happen here were to step forward, we would make that URL available to them!)

We WILL do our annual meet on MAY 5th at the Dunwoody North Driving Club where we met last year. Same location, same time... 12N to 5PM. As usual we'll provide space, tables, power, and refreshments! You provide the equipment and extension cords/power strips you need. For more information, see the Event Page on our website . Click Here

This year, our co-sponsor for this event will be those builders of fantastic headphone amplifiers, HeadAmp Audio Electronics! We are sure you’ll be able to see, and hear, their latest and greatest at this meet!

Everyone is welcome, whether you're from the industry or an enthusiast. We'll find room for everyone to show off your "stuff". If you didn't make it last year, here's another chance!! This meet is open to all, from beginners to veterans of the headphone wars! We guarantee there will be something of interest for everyone. Just getting started?? Here’s your chance to see lots of set-ups in one location and talk to the experts about your passion!

Watch this forum to see who is planning on attending!

John 

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Atlanta Audio Club  
Direct: 770-330-3919
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.atlantaaudioclub.org

• Like 3

On 3/4/2019 at 2:34 PM, jp11801 said:

I will try to attend if I’m able. Purk you have me itching to hear the gxs and or gsx mini with a good dac compared to the Sony ES

You really should John.  It has been too long since we last meet.  I personally think the GS-X mini will be quite stellar.  I'm sure Doug either will attend or send loaner amps to TomB.  Would be neat to finally hear the ECP T4 and ECP DSHA-3F.

@ Brent,

We sure miss your presence man.  Maybe you can get Fitz to join us at the meet again.  I also miss him.

Edited by purk

• 4 weeks later...

We have some exciting news to share! Another company that has supported our meets in the past has stepped forward to contribute to this meet. Arthur Power of Matrix Audio and Violectric Audio USA is added to our co-sponsors for the event! Matrix is picking up the costs of the refreshments! Since they have very generously doubled our normal budget, and since the meet starts at noon, this will allow us to provide a light lunch in addition to our usual snacks! 

Also… there will be a raffle! I am currently reviewing a set of powered speakers that do pretty much everything you can ask for including pre-amp and DAC duties. These speakers are the Vanatoo Transparent One Encore! From what I can tell so far these things may be the Swiss Army Knife of powered speakers! Add a source and you have a system! Gavin Fish of the Gavin Fish agency, arranged for me to review these speakers. He has also arranged with the two engineers, Gary Gesellchen and Rick Kernen, who own the company, for us to raffle them off at the meet! Once my review is published, I’ll provide a link so you see my opinion of these! Of course, we’ll try to pick up a few more items between now and then just to make the raffle a little more interesting!

I expect that there will be more to say as we get closer to the day of the meet, so keep watching!

John

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

APRIL 26 UPDATE

Club members and friends I have an exciting announcement adding to the raffle. In addition to the Vanatoo T1Es currently under review by yours truly, we have added a brand-new pair of Grado SR 80 (Click Here) headphones courtesy of the fine folks at Grado, and a set of new 1More (Brand) Triple Driver BT In-Ear, Batt Operated Headphones (Click Here) donated by the manufacturer and Chuck. But it doesn't end there! We'll also have four jazz vinyl albums donated by our fabulous jazz reviewer Eddie Carter from his personal collection. (And you know he ain’t got no junk albums!!) Who knows what else might get donated by the 5th!??

EveAnna Manley of Manley Labs is sending us one of their Manley Absolute Headphone Amplifiers (and also pre-amplifier) for your listening enjoyment! Don’t get too excited though… it’s NOT in the raffle! But it is a work of art! (Click Here)

If you’re not going to be there you’re going to miss out on the headphone event of the year… and you don’t want to do that now, do you!