Jump to content
ktm

Kaldas Research

Recommended Posts

I see these over in the other place. $500 Stat,  based on pro bias.

New offering from India. It said in the thread Spritzer will be getting a set.

True, lies, or Trumpism?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What...?  outstanding....?

1/ That spritzer is getting a set...?

2/ The earespeakers are that good...?

3/ Both of the above...?

4/ The hype train is leaving the station...?

5/ Some other factoid   ....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wink said:

What...?  outstanding....?

1/ That spritzer is getting a set...?

2/ The earespeakers are that good...?

3/ Both of the above...?

4/ The hype train is leaving the station...?

5/ Some other factoid   ....?

Come on, the "outstanding" was obviously in response to Birgir saying he was going to get a pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ready for an honest test and complete disassembling of them.

Some small part of me hopes that a new headphone that doesn't cost $2000

can sound decent. But, reality is a bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I’m Aumkar. I’m the guy behind the RR 1.

Yes, I will be sending Birgir a unit once our first batch is ready!

3 hours ago, Mach3 said:

The main web page got me worried already. There a picture showing it connected to a woo a......

http://kaldasresearch.com/

Haha, yeah. We used it just for the shoot. I didn’t have a KGSSHV at the time. I will be ordering a few soon from Spritzer for our shows (CanJam)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

Come on, the "outstanding" was obviously in response to Birgir saying he was going to get a pair.

Gotcha.......:lol:

1 hour ago, Aumkar Chandan said:

Hi,

 

I’m Aumkar. I’m the guy behind the RR 1.

Yes, I will be sending Birgir a unit once our first batch is ready!

Haha, yeah. We used it just for the shoot. I didn’t have a KGSSHV at the time. I will be ordering a few soon from Spritzer for our shows (CanJam)

Get the Carbon........:dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this works out and is good, I'll most likely get a pair too.

Definitely appreciate the transparency from the manufacturer. My only concern at this point is the detachable cable. I'm not sure if high voltage bias lines, detachable cables, and aftermarket cable manufacturers that have no clue what they're doing are a good mix.

Otherwise looks very promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, catscratch said:

If this works out and is good, I'll most likely get a pair too.

Definitely appreciate the transparency from the manufacturer. My only concern at this point is the detachable cable. I'm not sure if high voltage bias lines, detachable cables, and aftermarket cable manufacturers that have no clue what they're doing are a good mix.

Otherwise looks very promising.

I agree but the system is fairly safe due to the orientation of the male and female. There's no real way to get shocked even if a certain Aftermarket cable builder screws up Bias with + or -. Let's say they manage the impossible and intentionally try to get shocked. Due to the inherent lack of current and thanks to our reflex action, you might get a cute shock which will only affect someone emotionally for their poor skill of Electronics handling. 

Thank you for your kind words. I am trying my best to get a unit out to Spritzer as soon as I can for the Stax community. I understand that there's a lot of crap coming out nowadays and it's hard to build trust. I am an enthusiast as well. My personal collection includes an original SR-1, Sigmas and many other vintages. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, you own an SR-1, are you the guy with the "MrTechAgent" youtube channel? I've quite enjoyed some of your videos on vintage cans if that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scgorg said:

Wait, you own an SR-1, are you the guy with the "MrTechAgent" youtube channel? I've quite enjoyed some of your videos on vintage cans if that is the case.

That is me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aumkar Chandan said:

I agree but the system is fairly safe due to the orientation of the male and female. There's no real way to get shocked even if a certain Aftermarket cable builder screws up Bias with + or -. Let's say they manage the impossible and intentionally try to get shocked. Due to the inherent lack of current and thanks to our reflex action, you might get a cute shock which will only affect someone emotionally for their poor skill of Electronics handling. 

Thank you for your kind words. I am trying my best to get a unit out to Spritzer as soon as I can for the Stax community. I understand that there's a lot of crap coming out nowadays and it's hard to build trust. I am an enthusiast as well. My personal collection includes an original SR-1, Sigmas and many other vintages. 

I'm excited for you as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aumkar Chandan,

Just curious. What did you use as a reference to tune the RR1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mach3 said:

Hi Aumkar Chandan,

Just curious. What did you use as a reference to tune the RR1?

Hi, 

I didn't have a reference per se. My main goal was to improve on the Low-Frequency extension compared to most STAX out there and we achieved that. Here are the graphs vs the 009. 
I wouldn't get into my subjective opinions but I've had two people, one 007 MK1 and MKII owner come and place an order on the spot and another 009 owner who also couldn't tell apart the 009 from the RR1 apart from the LF response being more extended on the RR1. 

Anyway,  here is the link with the Measurements (I have an upload limit here) - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3rev8hq54sd3feu/AACb7Zs1DFcKZFYhs3co7Ecta?dl=0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the posting the measurement. looks like I will joining the 007 owner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aumkar, welcome to the forum.  I went ahead and tagged you as a Member of the Trade and gave you a custom title to better identify you to the members as a representative of your company.  Enjoy your time here and best of luck with the launch of your headphones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I didn't realize it's been more than 10 years!  since I took a chance and ordered HE Audio EH 1.2B electrostats.  

Dare I order another new 'stat?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×