Kerry Design mini GRHV\GRLV and JoaMat mini T2 Group Buy

mwl168

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I owe everyone a long past-due update. 

Long story short, I injured my right hand in early April right around the time we set out to test the final boards before sending the Gerber files for estimates. Actually got parts ordered and delivered but I was way too optimistic with the recovery schedule of my hand and I am finally to the point I think I can handle a soldering iron. I am back in touch with Kerry to sort out a few things needed for testing. 

Apologize for the lack of communication for weeks. Hopefully we will be back on track with the GB soon! 

Edited by mwl168
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, mwl168 said:

I owe everyone a long past-due update. 

Long story short, I injured my right hand in early April right around the time we set out to test the final boards before sending the Gerber files for estimates. Actually got parts ordered and delivered but I was way too optimistic with the recovery schedule of my hand and I am finally to the point I think I can handle a soldering iron. I am back in touch with Kerry to sort out a few things needed for testing. 

Apologize for the lack of communication for weeks. Hopefully we will be back on track with the GB soon! 

Get well bro...  I know all about underestimating recovery time tables.  I had major ankle surgery in February and I'm still on crutches lol

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update of status;

Some changes are needed for the GR78xx and GR79xx boards. Working with Kerry to get new boards fabricated for testing.

Good news is, with the delay, a couple of parts that were out of stock everywhere in April are now back in stock so we don't have to settle with substitution parts for testing.

Edited by mwl168
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just finished designing the GRHV79xxx, which is the negative rail.  I'm going to order some boards and test it out as well.  Maybe add this to the group buy if it works :)

Front.thumb.GIF.0fa59d1fd301aaeb26e14671c2dc2b14.GIF

Back.thumb.GIF.b31361e8f433f0bad2e2e14eb2d97c8b.GIF

On the testing front I'm done test the GRHV78xxx.  I've made one small change to the board and will test that as well, but looks good.

The GR78xx-Micro looks good and will test the GR79xx-Micro shortly.

Michael is making some progress as well and I hope we can get this moving sooner rather than later :) 

PS  I'm happy using the 7V reference.  It requires less current which reduces heat and works well.

Edited by Kerry
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Briliant! Damn excited by the perspective of those miniature HV supplies.

You are never short of wonders Kerry, are you?

One day I'll have to study those relay attenuators. The coding (which you provided) and Arduino thing have always seemed too complicated for me ?

Edited by G600
  • Like 1