Kerry Design mini GRHV\GRLV and JoaMat mini T2 Group Buy

mwl168

Received confirmation from the fab house that our orders are in production (each distinct Gerber file is considered one order).  

I've opted for boards to be shipped to me in batches when they are ready so we are not all held up by the partially assemble GRHV boards which will take longer than the rest of the PCBs. 

Edited by mwl168
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

More goodies showed up last night but with some bad news.

The PSU main PCB came in 1.6mm/3oz copper instead of 2mm/3oz copper specification. There was a miscommunication that neither I or PCBnet caught until now - the order submitted specified 2mm thickness an 3oz copper but the quote was for 0.62' and 3oz copper and manufactured accordingly. I noticed this discrepancy when I took the PCBs from their wrapping to take some photos.  

The mini T2 boards are 2mm/3oz copper as ordered.

All the PCBs look great with a nice heavy feel to them and are very good quality as can be expected from PCBnet. 

I have contacted PCBnet to see what can be done to resolve the issue.  

mini T2 PCB.JPG

PSU Main PCB.JPG

• Like 6

@mwl168, I would not think that would be an issue for the PSU main boards.  It would definitely be an issue for the mini-T2s, but it sounds like those came in as 2mm.  So speaking for myself, I am fine with the 1.6mm PSU main boards.  

• Like 4

On 5/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, JoaMat said:

I’ve been using 1.6mm/1oz boards for some years now and I believe they are sufficient in most cases. James (jamesmking) has built one mini T2 and I’ve built two with 1.6mm/1oz.

I built two mini t2s, I always build in pairs or they get lonely... there is a bit or board flex when inserting or removing valves, (the ptfe sockets I have grip very tightly). No issues I can see with 1.6mm and 1oz, that's what I have used for all my builds, (4 dual output GRHV boards, 2 single output GRHV boards, 7 GRLV boards, 12 synchronous rectifiers, 4 diamond buffers, 4 blue hawaii amp boards, 4 alpha centauri amp boards and 2 alpha centauri psu boards)..

Edited by jamesmking

It's the thickness of the board not the thickness of the trace which is 3oz copper. There shouldn't be an issue with handling mechanical stress in this application as the  PS board.  I am not in the habit of bending my PC boards to see how they flex.  It's not an issue as far as I am concern.

Got good news from PCBnet - they will remanufacture the PSU main boards to the spec'ed 2mm thickness. Expect to be shipped next week.

PCBnet has truly been a top notch company to do business with. Their product quality and customer service have both been excellent! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...