Music Making

Dusty Chalk

In short, I need BOTH.  The M4 is going to become my new interface for Traktor.  I've been using an ancient ESI Gigaport AG since my NI Traktor Audio 6 died ...when was it? last year some time.  You may recall that happening on-air.  NI has discontinued the Audio 6 (not that'd I'd buy another one at this point) outside of their expensive an unnecessary Traktor Scratch vinyl setup.  

The dbx 286s is a new preamp for my beloved EV RE20.  I have been suing a (piece of shit) Behringer Ultragain ...whatever since my Symetrix 528e died a few years ago.  Unfortunately for me, the 286s and M4 have been out of stock for months now.  I am toying with the idea of buying an ART Voice Channel instead of the 286s.  There is no decent equivalent to the M4 in the same price range.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 11:28 PM, Knuckledragger said:

In short, I need BOTH.  The M4 is going to become my new interface for Traktor.  I've been using an ancient ESI Gigaport AG since my NI Traktor Audio 6 died ...when was it? last year some time.  You may recall that happening on-air.  NI has discontinued the Audio 6 (not that'd I'd buy another one at this point) outside of their expensive an unnecessary Traktor Scratch vinyl setup.  

The dbx 286s is a new preamp for my beloved EV RE20.  I have been suing a (piece of shit) Behringer Ultragain ...whatever since my Symetrix 528e died a few years ago.  Unfortunately for me, the 286s and M4 have been out of stock for months now.  I am toying with the idea of buying an ART Voice Channel instead of the 286s.  There is no decent equivalent to the M4 in the same price range.

Stumbled across another option for you (potentially -- I don't know all your requirements):  Roland Rubix 44 or 22.

2 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Not exactly a video about making music, but about how to make music sounding your own. I'm amazed that some people have such grasp on music

Unholy carp, that's wild!  That person is crazy great, to be able to play a famous piece convincingly in others' styles is...just jaw-dropping.

On 7/31/2021 at 2:31 AM, Torpedo said:

I think this is interesting, inspiring and beautiful

3 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Not exactly a video about making music, but about how to make music sounding your own. I'm amazed that some people have such grasp on music

I noticed both Nahre Sol and Jimindorothy are Korean musicians.  K-Pop is not all there is...

• Like 1

They told me to stay away from Eurorack. Probably right. But. This. Is. Head. Case.

What's better than overkill? Gigakill.

256892315_ScreenShot2021-08-12at4_37_51PM.thumb.png.bfe247391c1486c3a8c37449555f76f8.png

821939322_ScreenShot2021-08-12at4_38_58PM.thumb.png.81163705f2e496926858c440e9a15550.png

1596427911_ScreenShot2021-08-12at4_41_03PM.thumb.png.0b7483e4fb5a8cb7e54577551375f633.png

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1656497

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1656633

https://www.modulargrid.net/u/racks/view/1656639

And I'm already out of rack space.

Edited by cutestory
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ditto.  Can I come over and play?  Will wear a hazmat suit, of course. 

You know, there's a lot of guys who score movies in and near LA with gear like that, have you ever thought about...?  Christophe Beck is in Santa Monica:

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/score-the-podcast-22862/more-score-synthesizers-and-film-musics-future-13476000

Yes! Come on over...

Turns out the Plasma Drive module doesn't fit all the way to the right in the Mantis case I got, so I had to move it to the center. It looks ridiculous when you're driving a signal through it with the voltage turned up:

IMG_0698.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...