Adam Audio Germany launches AMT based headphone @ Munich High-End 2019

complin

HEDD-ADAM ATM

we are beyond thrilled to announce HEDDphone® - the first full-range headphone design based on HEDD / ADAM founder and speaker veteran Klaus Heinz’ world-known Air Motion Transformer driver!!

The Air Motion Transformer (AMT) is an electrodynamic transducer that allows to move air significantly faster than common voice coil, magnetostatic (planar) or electrostatic systems. Their traditional piston-like movement is overcome by a folded diaphragm that squeezes out air four times faster: A breakthrough for capturing more details in any audio recording. In order to reproduce the complete audible frequency band (and beyond), HEDDphone® introduces VVT® technology (pat. pending), a new variable diaphragm geometry that replaces the fixed geometric structure of conventional AMT tweeters.

Aiming at both, the audiophile and professional markets, the HEDDphone® brings the enormous dynamic capabilities and the superior sonic resolution of the AMT principle to the world of top-end headphones. It excels where it really matters: in accurate, untamed, and touching music reproduction.

We will show the first handmade units at this week's MUNICH HIGH END SHOW, May 9–12. Meet us in Hall 4 / P03, take listen, and help us spread the word on this unique new Made in Germany headphone design.

HEDDphone ONE will be available in Q3 2019. The price will be well below 2000€.

image.thumb.png.5d7a1af85b28564c37c9cc56c775d1d9.png

Edited by complin
  • Like 4

• 10 months later...

Been following this one closely. Right now there are reports of the headband lacking enough extension for us coneheads so I'm waiting for them to update it, which they said they would. There also have been some reviews of them with preliminary measurements, worth a look though as always, well salted.

The question, of course, is do I actually need them, and are they any better than what I have already.

of course I need them, what kind of a dumbass question is that anyway

• Haha 1

Heard these headphones @NYC Canjam last month as well. Thought they were pretty bass-heavy & a bit tipped on the upper-end as well. Likely fatiguing, imo. Brief listening with open headphones in a busy public setting as that are not ideal though, as we know.

Edited by jpelg
  • Like 1

I'm most interested in how will they do bass, because AMT's are notorious for absolutely hating excursion. ADAM has AMT mids for their large mains and they are notoriously tricky to get right.

Regardless of the sound, kudos to HEDD for not pricing them absolutely bonkers just because they can.

12 hours ago, RudeWolf said:

I'm most interested in how will they do bass, because AMT's are notorious for absolutely hating excursion. ADAM has AMT mids for their large mains and they are notoriously tricky to get right.

Regardless of the sound, kudos to HEDD for not pricing them absolutely bonkers just because they can.

Their bass quality is outstanding. Stat-like (I'm a former SR-007Mk1 and SR-009 owner) but with some much need heft. Overall, I would say they have one of the best FR response of any headphone I've tried.

• Like 2

Good god! Those things are almost approaching what where they, K1000 AKG silliness in their looks (from the front)!

Back in the '70s, my brothers and I were looking for a set of speakers and the Heil AMT-1s were the runner up (to the Infinity Monitors with the Walsh tweeters). We used a single recording for evaluation... the 1970 or so CSO/Solti Mahler 8. It wound up that we would buy the speaker that didn't break up playing it at a good* volume. The Bose 901's sadly didn't make that cut...

* i.e., loud