KGSSHV Carbon Kits on Ebay

fireworks

Anyone has experience with the Ebay kits for the KGSSHV Carbon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-supply-PCB-for-KG-Kevin-Gilmore-KGSSHV-CARBON-Electrostatic-amp-L9-50/123415369465

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kevin-Gilmore-KGSSHV-CARBON-Electrostatic-Headphone-amplifier-bare-PCB-L8-39/123327894674

The names contain "L9-50" and "L8-39": are these version numbers ?

I'm interested in building a KGSSHV Carbon and any help is appreciated.

power supply is version 1.8 copyright 2015 however it shows both boards the same, and that is definitely not the case. although you can do it that way, but then you need a grlv power supply in addition

one board has the bias voltage, the other board has the low voltage regulators

amp is version .6 copyright 2015  I think this is the latest I released. There is a .61 version which I may or may not have released, don't know the differences

Edited by kevin gilmore
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 1:13 AM, kevin gilmore said:

power supply is version 1.8 copyright 2015 however it shows both boards the same, and that is definitely not the case. although you can do it that way, but then you need a grlv power supply in addition

one board has the bias voltage, the other board has the low voltage regulators

amp is version .6 copyright 2015  I think this is the latest I released. There is a .61 version which I may or may not have released, don't know the differences

It seems the boards to be kind of thin..

btw me,newbie, making my first KGSSHV and KGSSHV mini and having seen many Kevin-designs, find that there are many circuits with LSK389.

I learnt that there are LSK389 A,B,C,D. Could you tell me which one to choose or they are the same?

with much thanks!