Amazon Music HD

Grahame

Interesting... I've already succumbed to Alexa, so I might need to give this a try at some point.

I don't want to give up tidal / roon, but this could be a nice convenience to ask Alexa to play some High Def music.

I was already looking at Echo Link as a possible transport.  I'm not sure how this will all tie together.

Edited by Kerry

Alright, I'll take the plunge on the trial.

I'm not really unhappy with Tidal, but I worry about their ability to survive with (IIRC) around 5mm subscribers when Amazon, Apple and Spotify all have many multiples of that.

I'll check back in with thoughts after some use.

1850227772_ScreenShot2019-09-26at3_21_21PM.thumb.png.3ee1f18294b9536ca8503e4e7784f8f2.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Amazon Music HD uses Windows mixer in shared mode only. The ability to use Wasapi exclusive mode is absent from the Windows app. Both Tidal and Qobuz have had the ability to use exclusive mode for years. As a result Amazon Music HD is not bit perfect, and even if you are receiving a 24/192 stream it will be down sampled to 24/96 if that is your user setting in Windows sounds. Same for up sampling. I use Tidal and Qobuz and find Amazon Music HD to sound inferior to both. Hard to understand why they did not launch with the ability to use exclusive mode with an external DAC.

• Like 1