Thinking about getting an L3000...

deepak

So my hopes of finding an L3000 have become a reality, I'm getting a pair in minty mint condition with all its goodies. My watch plans are officially on hold :'( :-\

I should have them very soon.

I never knew this, but the seller told me they come with Cardas cabling? Interesting that no one has mentioned that before, this could be the most extravagant cable used on a stock headphone?

l300luxery.png

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew this, but the seller told me they come with Cardas cabling? Interesting that no one has mentioned that before, this could be the most extravagant cable used on a stock headphone?

You're saying that a stock L3000's cable is Cardas? That should not be true as far as I am aware of.

You're saying that a stock L3000's cable is Cardas? That should not be true as far as I am aware of.

Yup it is. I was a little shocked and asked him twice on the phone. The stock cable is Cardas, and comes with the Cardas documentation papers.

I didn't get Cardas docs w/ my L-3000s. In all my research this is the first I've heard that the L-3000s come stock with cardas wire and I've never seen such paperwork included (as stock) with the L-3000. But some have done aftermarket mods with cardas cable.

I am almost absolutely sure that the stock L3000 does not have Cardas cables. In this case, it seems like it was recabled (officially?) with Cardas. Perhaps this was a custom order? (The originally owner requested the L3000 be recabled with Cardas when he bought it?)

I didn't get Cardas docs w/ my L-3000s. In all my research this is the first I've heard that the L-3000s come stock with cardas wire and I've never seen such paperwork included (as stock) with the L-3000. But some have done aftermarket mods with cardas cable.

They were bought brand new from a European dealer, and they've never been recabled. The Cardas pamphlet is in Japanese and came with the headphones.

I have pictures of the cable it's the same shoelace cable that I've seen on every stock L3000, with the exact same silver colored connector with gold plating. I'll upload them when I can get on my desktop.

If it were recabled then it must have been done officially by the dealer.

Do you guys have the Connolly hand signed document as well? I understand these things get lost, so I wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't get the Cardas pamphlet unless they were first owners or bought from owners that kept everything.

First, congrats! I am happy to see you've scored a pair. I'll be patience to read your impressions. :angel:>:D

Yes, I received the Connolly hand signed document. And based on your pics the cable looks like it's stock, but without seeing it in person and comparing it against another pair I can't be sure. The Cardas doc card is in Japanese, but does it mention ATH-L3000 or Audio-Technica anywhere in it?

I might consider calling Cardas and/or emailing Audio-Technica to inquire as to whether the cable is made by Cardas. It just might be. :-\

I am going to look at my L3000 docs again.

Thanks :laugh:;D (and I really appreciate your help in trying to locate one, the good karma will come back around 8) )

If you do call up Cardas there is a good chance you'll talk to someone in the family so they might know. This could be a custom job, I know Cardas has made a custom Golden Reference HD650 cable for someone.

When I spoke to my seller on the phone I'm pretty sure he mentioned that the Cardas pamphlet mentioned the AT name and L3000 in there. We did spend a lot of time on the phone talking about random stuff, so I'll be able to give you my definitive answer (and pictures) when it gets here.

jpak - once you get the leatherheads and the Cardas paper, if you can scan the Cardas paper, I'll be able to read it for you.

Wonderful thank you very much!

I've just asked my seller for photos of the paper, so I'll get them up. I doubt you'll be able to make anything out but I will make sure to take some very high resolution shots when I get them.

I'll look at my documentation this weekend. The previous owner was meticulous in keeping it all, so if it ever existed, I have it now. And this is one of those few instances where I actually know where everything is.

PS Those sure are some pretty pictures -- makes me want to get another pair, even though I already have one pair!

I'll look at my documentation this weekend. The previous owner was meticulous in keeping it all, so if it ever existed, I have it now. And this is one of those few instances where I actually know where everything is.

PS Those sure are some pretty pictures -- makes me want to get another pair, even though I already have one pair!

You could try and hunt down a green one. That would be pretty swank.