hev70 Query

Well I sold the he60+hev70. Now when I had it the hev70 worked fine not a problem. By the way it was for 220v 50 hz. The buyer was in the US. So I told him a stepdown transformer would suffice. Now I know US uses 110v 60hz.

He now says the hev70 doesn;t power up at all. Could it be the step down transformer? He said he tried the US senn hev70 power supply on it and it still would not power up. I really want to rectify this for him. I have offered a refund as I don;t see what else I can do. But he refuses.

damn. That is a bummer GoRed. It will probably will need to be checked up by sennheiser, if the unit does not power up with the US-voltage adapter.

He refuses a refund? Hum...

On the other hand, if it needs repair, you would have it repaired either way wouldn't you? Either to keep it or to sell it again, right? Maybe?

I am sure you would do whatever is in your power to help GoRed. I was not implying otherwise. I am sorry it apprears to not be functional now. I am also sure it is frustrating as hell since it is our of your hands and it is such a precious piece of gear.. :(

I guess, I'd request the amp/headphones to be shipped back. Then you can test it yourself and if necessary send it to Senn in UK. It may actually be a lot faster that way....

best!

The actual power supply is 24vdc. Any commercial 24v supply around 500 ma should be able to power the HEV70 if hooked up with proper polarity(and probably cost less than the transformer as well). If the wall wart is working, the next thing to do would be to open the amp. There's a 650 ma round fuse soldered onto the board. That fuse can be checked for continuity. The only way to replace it is to remove it and solder a new one into place (finding the right fuse will be the hard part). The fuse on mine was blown, but I just ran a jumper across the traces instead, at least for now.