What is your current project, or what will be your next project?

JBLoudG20

Bummer man, huge bummer. Definitely don't trash it - it sounds like the output shorted and the resistors did their job of becoming a fuse. Take it back down to a single board, replace the obviously damaged parts and see what happens. Like Marshall said, there will be people willing to help you out.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working out a way to automate ripping my dvds to hard drive, to turn my mac mini into a home media library. I want to archive all the special features etc, and don't want to compress anything that much. My goal is just to have my movies available without using the discs, so my kids don't get fingerprints on them etc.

I'm working out a way to automate ripping my dvds to hard drive, to turn my mac mini into a home media library. I want to archive all the special features etc, and don't want to compress anything that much. My goal is just to have my movies available without using the discs, so my kids don't get fingerprints on them etc.

Haha I tried doing that a couple years ago, and ran out of HD space. Good luck with your endeavour!

Space isn't a problem, disk space is nearly free. It's the level of intervention I don't want to deal with. I want the equivalent of what I did to rip my cds..pop in disc, maybe select title to rip, then watch it go, and have nearly lossless level rips.

Dude, hes blowing at your place? I see why he's so hyped over at your forum, the dude is blowing your joint.

Blowing? Over here "blowing the joint" would mean bombing it, you know like "blowing a safe" I hope Graham isn't planning to bomb it :laugh: obviously "blowing it" means something else in the States? He can do what he likes over there JB and it was me who asked him to get involved, he's got some great ideas and fun to have about the place. looking forward to the DIY headamp, it should be a cracker 8)

• 1 month later...