Anybody here heard the Edition 9?

saint.panda

• 2 weeks later...

Had it for almost two weeks thanks for Mulveling. A pretty nice headphone if you are a big fan of rocks and heavy metals. Too overpowering in the bass department with slightly cold and recessed midrange. I'm not a big fan of the S-Logic presentation. The build quality can be a little bit better. I still think they are a very good headphone but I prefer the L3000, HD-650 w/ Zu, PS-1, and HP1000s over them.

Had it for almost two weeks thanks for Mulveling. A pretty nice headphone if you are a big fan of rocks and heavy metals. Too overpowering in the bass department with slightly cold and recessed midrange. I'm not a big fan of the S-Logic presentation. The build quality can be a little bit better. I still think they are a very good headphone but I prefer the L3000, HD-650 w/ Zu, PS-1, and HP1000s over them.

Alright purk! Welcome to head-case! :)

The only thing weak here, is the bass response of your 340
I would have to seriously question the sanity of anyone finding the bass weak in my system at the moment. I'm starting to think that I either don't have the bass light version or that this version business is just a matter of system synergy.
hey, i'm still rockin' the Grados! grado is king.
Cool, I am thinking about picking up another pair at some point... not sure what. Will probably wait and see how the MS-2i MAGNUMs turn out. ;)

Purk - Welcome! There are definitely a lot of the supremus' here... hell, I'm almost a head-case supremus. :-[

Yeah, I know... but my way of saying it is way more funny. :D

I've yet to hear an Audio Technica that I really like, but I have also yet to hear the L3000s. The W100's were OK for some things, but every other AT I've heard has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah, I know... but my way of saying it is way more funny. :D

I've yet to hear an Audio Technica that I really like, but I have also yet to hear the L3000s. The W100's were OK for some things, but every other AT I've heard has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Have you heard the W11JPN? I used to hear the same thing you do with all the other ATs. The only ATs that sounded good to me were the W11JPNs and the L3000s.

Welcome, Purk!

All this L3000 talk is making me want to listen to them again under better condition - too bad that I can't stand the wing support thingie AT uses for headband. I remember not liking the midrange presentation, but I can't remember the details as to why I didn't like it.

I love the AT wings! The W5000 is extremely comfortable on my large noggin.

The AT wings didn't bother me initially, as I did used to own A900's, which were sold fairly quickly for sonic reasons. More I've tried AT cans, though, the wings would irritate me with the way they sat on my gigantic head.