Grado Question

morphsci

I know we do not discuss headphones much anymore but I have question for the Grado experts. I have to replace the pads on a couple of my Grados (actually one is an Alessandro) due to the infamous pad disintegration issue. There is some residue on the wooden cups that I would like to clean off. It is pretty clean just using a soft cloth and soft brush but there is some residue that I would like to remove without harming the finish. Any suggestions would be most welcome. 

Bryan is correct - mineral oil is what’s recommended, at least for the wooden cupped headphones. 

EDIT: the stuff is pretty viscous and goopy, start with a small amount on say a q tip and just work it through slowly. 

Edited by recstar24

Plus one for linseed oil soap. Just used some today and it will not leave residue like mineral oil.

Oh, and I should say that I came across linseed oil soap because Doug recommended some other linseed oil products for a project awhile back. Linseed oil wax is also very nice, if you want to give the wooden cups some new life. 🙂