Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Arrived... Everything seems to be fine. Though I FUCKING HATE IT when they don't provide a recovery CD and only provide the recovery partition. And the software for creating recovery CDs from the partition isn't compatible with the T40. So without jumping through a bunch of hoops either trying to ghost the image or buying the media from Lenovo, the HD can't be replaced/upgraded.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

A quick search located a couple of places that offer boot disks for the T40, available for download for ~$10. Probably worth looking into more but without the exact model # of the computer I can't do any more.

Arrived... Everything seems to be fine.

Well, I finished getting everything updated last night. The preload was only XP SP1, so needless to say, it was a lengthy process to even be able to connect to my wireless network at home. And I think I may have found an older version of IBM's Restore & Recovery software that is compatible with the T40, so I'll be able to create restore CDs from the recovery partition. I may also invest in some ghost imaging software.

But so far I'm pretty impressed with it. It's a nice little machine.

Can anyone recommend a good battery vendor? It looks like the current battery will give me 2+ hours, but I'd really like to be able to get more.

Very nice all around. I am especially interested to hear your impressions on the headphone output of the icon. I have been pondering buying one for my work system.

Probably. Now I'm on the hunt for one of the older Lambda headphones I guess. Care to make a recommendation since I will have access to both the Pro and Normal bias supply? That's really the reason that I picked up the mkII, that flexibility is great.

If it is the unit that was on HF then it's one of mine. :)

You can't go wrong with the normal bias Lambda and the Signature. Another, more obscure version, is the Lambda Spirit (aka Pro Classic in the West) which was the first "budget" Lambda. It's basically the sound of the Lambda Pro with none of the drawbacks.

If it is the unit that was on HF then it's one of mine. :)

You can't go wrong with the normal bias Lambda and the Signature. Another, more obscure version, is the Lambda Spirit (aka Pro Classic in the West) which was the first "budget" Lambda. It's basically the sound of the Lambda Pro with none of the drawbacks.

I don't have experience with the Lambda Spirit, but I can say that between the Lambda Pro and the Lambda Pro Signature, I'd take the Signature.

Probably. Now I'm on the hunt for one of the older Lambda headphones I guess. Care to make a recommendation since I will have access to both the Pro and Normal bias supply? That's really the reason that I picked up the mkII, that flexibility is great.

I'll be back in NH in about a month. If you haven't picked up a set by then you can borrow my SR-Lambda.