Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

some cds from amazon. i'd buy them used on eBay, but the shipping costs are so fucking ridiculous. pretty sad when you can get the shit cheaper new. :rant:

Amazon Prime is your friend ;D

$80 per year subscription, for year-long free shipping from anything sold by Amazon themselves. (of course you can upgrade to faster shipping on individual purchases, for $)

I've saved so much fucking money from it. And it all defaults to 2nd day shipping O0

Of course its not worth it if you only buy like 1 cd a month

i have over 1000 cds that i haven't listened to yet, so it's less of a concern for me :)

If those were downloaded en masse off oink because of tiny fits of interest thats fine, but if they're actually shiny discs, sitting there unused, thats bad. I could take 50 off your hands for you and let you know what they're like if you want. :D

Hey, boom -- you wanna outsource your non-soldering and breaking things to me some? I work cheap for you.

No outsourcing needed. We're up and running. JenaLab's got nothing on Puss N Boom's Audio. Here's Ivan, my chief technician, getting down to work on a pristine pair of R10s after only one day of training! He's a go-getter, than one. Sad that I could only get an action shot with my phone (lost my camera again) as I would otherwise post up detailed pics of his fine work.

0_IMAGE_00024.jpg

I do, however, need a shill or two to bring in the happy customers. Interested in 5% commission for the first 10 customers, 10% if you bring in more than 20?

No outsourcing needed. We're up and running. JenaLab's got nothing on Puss N Boom's Audio. Here's Ivan, my chief technician, getting down to work on a pristine pair of R10s after only one day of training! He's a go-getter, than one. Sad that I could only get an action shot with my phone (lost my camera again) as I would otherwise post up detailed pics of his fine work.

0_IMAGE_00024.jpg

I do, however, need a shill or two to bring in the happy customers. Interested in 5% commission for the first 10 customers, 10% if you bring in more than 20?

:prettyprincess:

I'm in for shilling. Though my handle on Head-fi is different from the one here...

:prettyprincess:

I'm in for shilling. Though my handle on Head-fi is different from the one here...

Even better. You can be two shills. I like how this is going. Ivan will be in training for Reks's speaker recable all day today. Amp repair and mods is sure to follow, but he's really a cable sort of guy, so I'll hold off on taking over the whole industry for a short while at least.

noice.

I want to see if they live up to the hype and I need something nearfield for my desk, so we'll see.

damn it I was gonna buy that :(

Were you looking at the ones on HF? If so then I'm sorry ... well actually I'm not since I will get to listen to them :P

From MS2i to GS1000, I'm surprised. The GS1000 is way darker, way more bass, almost too much. I'm not sure if the mid is too much on MS2i or if the mid is recessed on GS1000, but I've some mixed feelings with it. I hope after 876.54 hours, it would sound better 8)

1069307609.JPG

Oh, somebody was auditing a pair of this so I sat down and listened as well and I was blown awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :o

IMG_1185.jpg

:dance:

It overkills my rig :sadcat:

Nice. I believe I am the sole GS1000 proponent on HC. I think they are excellent but flawed, but having said that I believe almost every headphone is flawed in some way. They excel at very flat, neutral recordings, like soundboards, or old unfutzed with soundboard sourced tapes, or mic-on-stage soundboard patches. Despite the recessed midrange, vocals and guitar plucks come across as very lifelike and natural. I also love the way they present live drums. Classical typically sounds good with them. I particularly like them with solo piano. Some say they do well with jazz, but I still prefer the rs-1 with jazz since so many horns are to bright on the gs1k.

What the gs1k does for me is compliment the rs-1 well.