Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I never understood why people post "sale pending" or "sold" instead of editing. Why bump up a topic for a sold item?

Because the number of idiots who don't re-read the first post is staggering. I almost always do both, reply and edit, otherwise the flood of PM's continues.

Does anyone have a good CD-buying promotion? In the relatively near future I would like to buy hard copies of my favorite discs. I guess I could just burn the flac that I have, but I'm finally in a position that I can afford to BUY music.

Good boy! Can't help you, but it's good to hear :D

Good boy! Can't help you, but it's good to hear :D

It's hard to get new music when you don't have an income for a few years. What little money you make, goes to more important things.

Another benefit of having discs: When I get home, I really don't feel like booting my computer just to listen to a disc or two.

More friggin' cans of paint because one of the rooms need another coat (4th coat now, I think). Stupid dark orange paint. :mikey2:

Oh, and it's not "bought" yet, but most likely paying for hardwood floor refinishing. Ahhh, joys of home ownership (bye, bye, money). :sadcat:

Oh, and it's not "bought" yet, but most likely paying for hardwood floor refinishing. Ahhh, joys of home ownership (bye, bye, money). :sadcat:

Tell me about it. I get to finish my basement and redo all the flooring when I get back from Iraq.

Not sure where to put this, but the quote (postjack) was from what are you listening to thread, but got buried (quickly)...

for Seconds Out, nothing beats the UK GECD 2001 fatboy CD. Its a Barry Diament master, IIRC. Diament + Genesis = the truth.

Any idea where I could try to find this set at? I spent some time online looking with no luck...

Does anyone have a good CD-buying promotion? In the relatively near future I would like to buy hard copies of my favorite discs. I guess I could just burn the flac that I have, but I'm finally in a position that I can afford to BUY music.
I don't have anything specific, but for the only slightly more esoteric stuff, I tend towards CD-Wow. Unfortunately, you just missed Borders' 40% off sale.

More friggin' cans of paint because one of the rooms need another coat (4th coat now, I think). Stupid dark orange paint. :mikey2:

Did you use a primer coat? In almost every case, though I haven't had to paint over orange yet, a good primer coat ensures that you only need one or perhaps in extreme cases two coats to cover fully. If the floor refinishing guy has to sand down to the wood be prepared for sawdust every where and I mean every where. Each time we finished our floors we spent the next month cleaning up the dust in every room of the house. Joys of home ownership.

Did you use a primer coat? In almost every case, though I haven't had to paint over orange yet, a good primer coat ensures that you only need one or perhaps in extreme cases two coats to cover fully. If the floor refinishing guy has to sand down to the wood be prepared for sawdust every where and I mean every where. Each time we finished our floors we spent the next month cleaning up the dust in every room of the house. Joys of home ownership.

Yes, a great point. Not saying you did, but so many people try to save money by skipping primer, when it costs them more in paint.

Of coarse if you're painting over off white walls with another neutral color it's not necessary.

Also get your primer tinted the same color as the paint. It won't be as dark as the paint, but it helps a great deal and doesn't cost any more.

socswp.jpg

I expect this to make an appearance in another thread later tonight.

Wow nice. I never had that too. enjoy

Those did look nice. I tried both the Deep Cup Darths and regular Darths and they weren't for me in the end. Gratz on your purchase though :).