Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

HAHA I only did that a few times. Normally I shift around 3-4k.

Normally, I shift around 3k rpm. =T

Why the short shifts? Your redlines are around 14,000 rpm, why shift at 3,000? I (normally) shift my twins at 4,000, the IL4 at 7,000, I don't even shift the thumper at 3,000.

the cary is my dream source! tell me more!

nice modwright 777es as well. i hate that dan doesn't mod them anymore.

I'm reserving my impression right now, but both are excellent and in the same class. The Sony SCD-777ES has about 2k in mod from R. Kern and another 3.5k from Modwright. I bought this unit from Tom Hankins and sent it in for a tube rectfied PSU upgrade.

I'm reserving my impression right now, but both are excellent and in the same class. The Sony SCD-777ES has about 2k in mod from R. Kern and another 3.5k from Modwright. I bought this unit from Tom Hankins and sent it in for a tube rectfied PSU upgrade.

Very nice Purk. Congrats on your new toy. "Only Yesterday" isn't that a Carpenters song on your Sony? Any way have fun and enjoy your weekend listening to it :dance:

Brought a HD600 this week and a HD580. Will be fun to have them both again :)

Really doesn't count as "bought," by I put the deposit down on my new place, today. Can't wait to move, though I hate the actual moving process.

Buy low, sell high, and now is definitely the time to buy, especially in CA.

Bear pepper spray, extra extra strength and new running shoes.

I am going on my son's school overnighter field trip to Lake Arrrowhead next week and lately I have been stumbling on all these news items of people being mauled by bears and mountain lions. I have a new tube amp and I am about to buy a new cdp. It is difficult to listen to good music if your ears have been torn off by a black bear or your head is in a cast.

Bear pepper spray, extra extra strength and new running shoes.

I am going on my son's school overnighter field trip to Lake Arrrowhead next week and lately I have been stumbling on all these news items of people being mauled by bears and mountain lions. I have a new tube amp and I am about to buy a new cdp. It is difficult to listen to good music if your ears have been torn off by a black bear or your head is in a cast.

I'll bring a telescope with me to the top of Mt Baldy and keep a critter lookout for ya ;)

it's an apartment, so it doesn't count as buying regardless ;)

Misread deposit for down payment.

Do you have rent control out there? or rather is there even a need for rent control out there? Next Tuesday I get to vote on whether to abolish rent control and/or eminent domain in California.

grawk drink scotch?! CRAZINESS

Yup, I had some ardbeg at canjam, liked it well enough. Decided to try the quarter cask. Not bad. I don't like it more than bourbon or rye, but it's a different thing.

That and Peach Cobbler are the only flavors of B&J that have me coming back for more. :dance:

Never tried Peach Cobbler, I don't think they have it at my grocery store. Sounds delicious. :D

Half-baked never stays too long in my fridge, it's just too good to sit there not being eaten. I particularly like that flavor because they pack a lot of big chunks of brownies and cookies in it. I don't buy that stuff too often though, with all that fat and cholesterol in there, it requires at least 30 minutes of jogging on the next day. :P