Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Damn, I didn't realize he sold that!??!?! I would have bought it back I liked it that much. And Vicki just hates the Zu, I don't think she has as strong a dislike for any of the other aftermarket cables.

Me, I just bought a Frigidaire 8000BTU AC unit for the bedroom. I'll be returning it tomorrow. Holy fracken crap the thing was as loud as a jet engine. No joke I bet it was a heathy 70db on low, you couldn't hold a conversation in the same room with it. :mikey1:

Sounds like my old gaming computer :horsey:

Damn, I didn't realize he sold that!??!?! I would have bought it back I liked it that much. And Vicki just hates the Zu, I don't think she has as strong a dislike for any of the other aftermarket cables.

Me, I just bought a Frigidaire 8000BTU AC unit for the bedroom. I'll be returning it tomorrow. Holy fracken crap the thing was as loud as a jet engine. No joke I bet it was a heathy 70db on low, you couldn't hold a conversation in the same room with it. :mikey1:

Not to rub it in, but as a sincere compliment, the cable you made is fantastic. I mean I like the construction, build, and of course sound.

Wow, that sounds pretty loud for an AC unit. I'm glad you are able to return it.

Not to rub it in, but as a sincere compliment, the cable you made is fantastic. I mean I like the construction, build, and of course sound.

Well, it's a one of a kind - be nice to it. I don't know how much you were told about it but it is 4 strands of Chiimera's CCC wire, configured in two twisted pairs each sleeved in their own 1/8" dia. nylon multifilament. Those two strands are then sleeved in another layer of multifilament. It was pure hell to build it and I would never do it again. :)

Well, it's a one of a kind - be nice to it. I don't know how much you were told about it but it is 4 strands of Chiimera's CCC wire, configured in two twisted pairs each sleeved in their own 1/8" dia. nylon multifilament. Those two strands are then sleeved in another layer of multifilament. It was pure hell to build it and I would never do it again. :)

Thanks for the info Nate. I will definitely be nice to it and treat it with a lot of TLC as with all my cans and equipment. Wow, it does sound like pure hell to build. Thanks again Nate.

Holy fracken crap the thing was as loud as a jet engine. No joke I bet it was a heathy 70db on low, you couldn't hold a conversation in the same room with it. :mikey1:

Is this an AC unit or my ex-girlfriend? :doghuh:

try to find a unit specifically marketed as low noise (assuming that the one you got wasn't).

You know what is hilarious? While I was repacking the loudass AC unit my wife started searching online for a replacement. In doing so she found a pretty similiar one at Sears, 3 of the first 10 reviews that she read were from people who had returned the same Frigidaire that I'd bought. Everyone complained about the noise, so it's not just me. Evidently the one Sears carries is much better so here's to hoping that BB doesn't hassle me when I return it tomorrow.

She hates it, Tyrion hates it too...makes you music sound like it has a stuffy head cold =)

That's interesting. Thanks for the input HighLife. When I used the Zu Mobius SE I felt it made the HD650s a lot more detailed with my SP Dragon amp. That's cool about the impressions on the cable :). I'm happy though :dance:

Had to have them, and they were cheap, 55$ ....these going to be part of my portable setup. Canare cable with Neutrik plug. Cant wait to hear the sound from these.

hpim1568lv2.jpg

Great headphones. I still have my SR-60 from about eight (or more) years ago.