Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

2542107967_e550b9c53b.jpg

I'm tired of sticking IEMs in my ears when using public transportation because it's PITA to put them and remove them when people are trying to talk to me. I've never heard closed headphones other than cheap Sony's, so it's a totally blind buy.

How do you like them in comparison to the rest of your stuff?

Soundwise, I think they are the best closed headphones that can be driven by a reasonably powered amplifier. My only issue with them is that after 1 1/2 to 2 hours they become uncomfortable for me to wear. That's why I use them at my home desktop (shorter listening sessions) but not at work where I use recabled Denon D2000s (longer listening sessions).

They don't get any play on the big rig since I much prefer any of my balanced cans.

Very nice! I love Contis. On what wheels? Have to be carbon fiber wheels yes?

Augsburger, thanks but no, not the Ultra Gatorskins, the Kevlar belt makes them a bit heavy for max speed. These Contis are going on the commuter with classic Mavic Open4CDs. I've blown out a Specialized Turbo (sidewall) and a Hutchinson, tomorrow I'll see if the Contis can handle it.

For speed I still prefer Vittoria CXs.

Some 120ohm ortho drivers and a K500 housing.

Just got my 120ohm ortho drivers an hour or so ago but they will be fun to play with. I should also finally get my Beta22 later today which has been sitting in customs for over a week... :mad:

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on the Triple.Fi.

I was able to net it for $280 BNIB from an authorized retailer. This was done by taking advantage of a promotion to get a free D-Jay, and selling them to net $50.

Then with the sale of other 'phones, I managed to pull out with only $130 missing from my pocket.

Then if i take into account the few cable deals I picked up to help finance this purchase, they are really only costing me about $75. Considering I expected to drop all of my $400 stimulus check on them, I think I did pretty well ;) My savings account is happy.