Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Papa Nate, the communist, said I should save it. The last thing I really wanted to buy was the trips, so I think I'll just pad my bank account. Or motorcycle boots >:D

Normally I'd recommend that you save or invest it. However, if you are riding a motorcycle without boots, then I highly suggest spending it on good boots.

Here's a story. In the early 90's, I had a crash where I shattered my right scapula. It healed nicely but it will never be as strong as it was and it always hurts a little. Most of the time I don't even notice, only when I really use that arm. Then I started thinking about what would happen if I really damaged a foot. I always use it. So I bought a pair of Daytona Security boots. They only cost $600 in the early 90's. I'm still using those boots so I've already gotten my money's worth.

So get boots and any other protective gear that you are lacking. Some day you'll be really glad you did.

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on the Triple.Fi.

I was able to net it for $280 BNIB from an authorized retailer. This was done by taking advantage of a promotion to get a free D-Jay, and selling them to net $50.

Then with the sale of other 'phones, I managed to pull out with only $130 missing from my pocket.

Then if i take into account the few cable deals I picked up to help finance this purchase, they are really only costing me about $75. Considering I expected to drop all of my $400 stimulus check on them, I think I did pretty well ;) My savings account is happy.

Nice! I got my triple Fis for net $0 once I knocked over the ATM by my office. A good day in all.

Normally I'd recommend that you save or invest it. However, if you are riding a motorcycle without boots, then I highly suggest spending it on good boots.

Here's a story. In the early 90's, I had a crash where I shattered my right scapula. It healed nicely but it will never be as strong as it was and it always hurts a little. Most of the time I don't even notice, only when I really use that arm. Then I started thinking about what would happen if I really damaged a foot. I always use it. So I bought a pair of Daytona Security boots. They only cost $600 in the early 90's. I'm still using those boots so I've already gotten my money's worth.

So get boots and any other protective gear that you are lacking. Some day you'll be really glad you did.

I've been looking into them, and I may just pull the trigger with the arrival of my stimulus check. I'd rather have feet than $300 in my savings account.

Hell yeah!!

Has anybody in California received their Economic Stimulus Checks?

(note: migration erased my location, just re-entered)

My stimulus check was supposed to be mailed no later than the 13th, and I have not received it yet. There website is of no use either.

Is there a reason why you guys didn't have them do a direct bank deposit? We received our check, via direct deposit on May 9th.

My stimulus check was direct-deposited this morning! And it will be all but gone by the end of the day...

Last nigh I picked up:

XL (48"x30"x33") Crate

XL Dog Bed For Crate

(2) Stainless Steel Bowls

Collar & Leash

Assorted Dog Toys

Other stuff I can't quite think of right now, all totalling more than $270.

This afternoon I'll be paying the $180 adoption fee.

Man, 3 PM can't come fast enough! ;D

My stimulus check was direct-deposited this morning! And it will be all but gone by the end of the day...

Last nigh I picked up:

XL (48"x30"x33") Crate

XL Dog Bed For Crate

(2) Stainless Steel Bowls

Collar & Leash

Assorted Dog Toys

Other stuff I can't quite think of right now, all totalling more than $270.

This afternoon I'll be paying the $180 adoption fee.

Man, 3 PM can't come fast enough! ;D

:prettyprincess: YAY DOGS RULE CATS DROOL :prettyprincess:

P.S. what kind of dog?

You mean financial counseling, right? So you can afford more wine. Maybe you should schedule a meeting with yourself? ;)

No I mean OCD, Obsessive Collectors Disorder therapy/couseling. I tried counseling myself but I lost the argument which depressed me so I went out and bought more wine to cheer myself up.