Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Hyundai has been at the top of my list, because of their warranty and excellent quality.

Even 2-3 years ago, I wouldn't have touched a Hyundai with a ten foot pole..... but they have really made massive improvements in recent years. Hope you enjoy the purchase! :)

My most recent purchase is a pre-order for Buffalo DAC kit with IVY and power supplies from TPA. Also grabbed a TORX module and an OTTO for relay switching between coax/toslink SPDIF inputs. Very much looking forward to this; hopefully it will be a significant improvement over my 540Dv2!

My advice is to ship it John Tucker of eXemplar. It will be more expensive than Matt, but it will sound much better.

Back on topic, yesterday I bought an NOS Bendix 6385 tube.

way WAY more expensive. :) John's work sounds great, but with balanced outs I think we are looking at north of $3000 easy, as opposed to Matt's $850.

Plus I sent Tucker an email once, and he never responded. This is unfortunately an instant fail for me.

are you going to try and pitch correct it? :)

I believe there is a remastered Capital Records version of KOB that adjusted for the original off speed master tape. I was fortunate to hear this version on a Clear Audio Statement turntable and talk about revelation, wow! I have been searching for this vinyl ever since.

way WAY more expensive. :) John's work sounds great, but with balanced outs I think we are looking at north of $3000 easy, as opposed to Matt's $850.

Plus I sent Tucker an email once, and he never responded. This is unfortunately an instant fail for me.

Your dollar figures look correct to me. I dealt with John and Matt at the same time. I'd say that communication was pretty similar between the two. They both were fairly good about responding but some emails to both went unanswered.

In the end, both products were delivered as promised.

31S6FA47CVL._SS500_.jpg

Trio, Deluxe Edition

A friend of mine asked me, jokingly, "what did they do, add more Da's?"

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what they did, amongst other things.

I didn't get it untill "add more Da's?"

But "List Price: $71.99", isn't dat a tad on the expensive side for da's.

But then all I remember from them is the Da's, so I might have missed something.

But "List Price: $71.99", isn't dat a tad on the expensive side for da's.
First of all, I didn't pay list price, by any means -- more like US$39.19 + tax. Secondly (I admit that's still expensive to anyone who isn't a huge fan), I'm a huge fan. I doubt anyone'd want to pay more than US$11.99 for the non-deluxe edition who isn't a huge fan. In fact, I doubt most of you'd have any use for more than the one song (maybe 'Anna', if you'd heard it).

...or then again, maybe not.