Bought: Jackson Browne -The Pretender/Gold

Judy Colins -Wlidflower/Gold

Cat Stevens -Tea for the Tiller/Gold

Jimmy Smith - Bashin/Gold

Art Pepper - Intensity/Gold

Modern J 4tet -At the Music Inn Gold

Received: Only Pepper and J 4tet as ordered

Bashin-listed as "sorry out"

Cat Stephens -came w/case broken and cd broken obviously pre- existing , not shipping

Both Pretender and Wildflower no gld, no explan.

Shipped by GoHastings.com thru Amazon. GoHastings told me verbally that even though they are advertising Gold cds, they don't really have them. Huh?

Be careful out there. So to feel better I went out and bought a donut. Bluberry.

Shipped by GoHastings.com thru Amazon. GoHastings told me verbally that even though they are advertising Gold cds, they don't really have them. Huh?

Be careful out there. So to feel better I went out and bought a donut. Bluberry.

I've never been impressed with gohastings. I buy from Amazon vendors constantly, and routinely get cracked cases. Often its from shipping process, though (as far as I can tell). I think I've only had one or two cracked CDs, but I've certainly had scratched CDs, and wrong versions sent to me. GoHastings sent me a CD with the barcode area punched out, and they unknowingly punched a perfect circle right through the disc :palm: Incredibly, I was still able to rip it entirely, but had to use burst ripping for the last track.

Just a wee little speaker amp to go alongside the Menace. ;D

Let us know how it goes. I was eying one of those a while back but figured it could wait because I have no speakers here. But I will when I get home in a couple months ;)

GoHastings sent me a CD with the barcode area punched out, and they unknowingly punched a perfect circle right through the disc :palm: Incredibly, I was still able to rip it entirely, but had to use burst ripping for the last track.
Actually, it probably wasn't GoHastings who did the punching. Which I'm not sure is any better.

Yes, I was, however some thought on practicality made me reconsider, I need a PC, I use one for all practical purposes, all day every day, day in day out all year and my current (old) one is dead and I've been using a heap of shite old(er) machine for about 10 weeks now. Its utterly stagnant speed and lag even just with Word, Firefox and itunes open was increasingly starting to grate me, I've spent a while now looking at what my options are to replace it and decided to get a really good machine instead of a new budget one. I want something futureproof. At least as futureproof as PCs ever reasonably get.

I've got some stuff up for sale, and will have more come the start of the new semester and I've still got a lot of season earnings and tips to come in yet so it's still possible that I'll dive on the Quad before winter, or something of a similar budget, but I really do enjoy how my hi-fi sounds despite its source weakness and the PC was simply the more important spending choice. The idea of having to use this crappy PC through my final year at uni is to say the least, unappealing.