Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Oops, my memory is not what it once was. I think. Anyway, you are in effect swapping the apl philips for the modwright sony. What changes are you expecting (or getting if it's already arrived)?

Actually the intial plan was sell my sources get the apl denon and then move the stax rig down into the same room as the speaker rig. But of course there turned out to not be enough room, so I needed a 2nd source again.

The modwright should get here by the end of the week.

k240s's today, from a local pro audio place who always seems to have tons of nos stuff (got a pair of hd580's a few weeks ago too)...

i bought them because i needed a pair of something for my iphone... saw them hooked-up to an ipod touch in JBLoudG20's sig... having gear in your sig is helpful

mjb

Well after 3.5 years, 4 moves, 10+ headphone meets, a number of flights, and one hurricane, my trusty Fujitsu Laptop kicked the bucket recently (fried the graphics chip). Replacement incoming!

Toshiba%2BU405-S2830.jpg

I ordered this Toshiba U405 through Costco, so I have some margin for error. If this one doesn't suit me well enough, it's going back for a Lenovo T61.

Parasound AWG12 power cord

Well after 3.5 years, 4 moves, 10+ headphone meets, a number of flights, and one hurricane, my trusty Fujitsu Laptop kicked the bucket recently (fried the graphics chip). Replacement incoming!

I ordered this Toshiba U405 through Costco, so I have some margin for error. If this one doesn't suit me well enough, it's going back for a Lenovo T61.

Eh, the T61 is a good laptop but it has a few issues. I recommended it for a friend earlier this year based on the reviews and got to play with it (setting it up and so forth) and there were a few things that bugged me, like the keyboard layout, double touchpad buttons, too-small touchpad area, and placement of the Ethernet jack. The 14.1" model's native 1400x1050 resolution is also kinda annoying, it gives the illusion of too much space around desktop icons. And the specific model my friend got developed a serious hardware problem 2 months into ownership and we had to send it back to Lenovo for a new HDD and BIOS refresh.

The reviews for the T61 may be pretty strong but I don't think I'd recommend it again...

The reviews for the T61 may be pretty strong but I don't think I'd recommend it again...

Well I've used it before, and generally like most aspects of it. I have heard quite a few reports about mysterious hardware issues, which makes me wonder if a Lenovo really would be any more reliable than the other brands (the #1 appeal, in theory, to buying one).

I nearly bought a nicely loaded machine in BB the other day (14.1", 2.0GHz C2D, 250GB HD, 4GB RAM, Vista 64), but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Two reasons; it was blue, and it was a Gateway. Though I've generally read that they make pretty good laptops, I just couldn't bring myself to take a flyer on a company whose name doesn't exactly resonate with quality in my mind. That, and it was a bit too tween looking.

I have used IBM now more recently Lenovo for years and all I can say is I have had little to no issues over the years from IBM.... aside from a wrong configuration with Lenovo everything has worked just fine.

not going to mention the fact that when you sent your laptop in for repair they sent it back with parts missing? ;)