Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Buffalo DAC + IVY Active I/V Stage + Power Supplies Combination

cue Nancy Kerrigan

WHY.... WHY WHY WHAAAAAAAA....

It was always going to happen. Why fight the inevitable? :)

How did you manage to get hold of one though? I didn't see any word that a new batch was up for sale......

How did you manage to get hold of one though? I didn't see any word that a new batch was up for sale......

One got listed on Head-Fi, so I jumped. As far as I now the next batch won't be available for a month or more which made the decision all the more easy. I don't have time to sit around refreshing a web page trying to get an order in for something that I really don't need. This was stress free and easy, just how I like it.

Indeed we do Haj. Let's see what happens with the NYC meet and go from there. I'm not sure that Ian's zoo would work again. :)

Hahahahaha... The pup is quite disruptive.

As for me, a tow for my VW GTI 3000 lb lawn ornament. $75 loading fee + $3.75/mile.

The tow, and the repairs for the damage from it taking on 3"+ of water (4 gallons!!!), look to be covered by my comprehensive. Though I am on the hook for costs associated with finding and repairing the problem that caused the leak and subsequent damage.

used HeadAmp Gilmore Lite....again, and a new HeadAmp AE-2...also again. (Have bought both amps twice before.) I seem to have an incurable addiction to HeadAmp equipment. But I have to live up to my "HeadAmp dealer" tradition now. :P

used HeadAmp Gilmore Lite....again, and a new HeadAmp AE-2...also again. (Have bought both amps twice before.) I seem to have an incurable addiction to HeadAmp equipment. But I have to live up to my "HeadAmp dealer" tradition now. :P

What I don't understand is what compels you to sell it? I bought a GLite + DPS three years ago (Sept 20, 2005) and I have not for a minute considered selling it. Well, until about a week ago when I got my Quads, and now am in need of a preamp out. I'm either going to mod the GLite, or buy a GS1. Even if I do the latter I'm not sure I could sell my Glite.

What I don't understand is what compels you to sell it? I bought a GLite + DPS three years ago (Sept 20, 2005) and I have not for a minute considered selling it. Well, until about a week ago when I got my Quads, and now am in need of a preamp out. I'm either going to mod the GLite, or buy a GS1. Even if I do the latter I'm not sure I could sell my Glite.

I think one of his reasons for letting the glite go is great. But then, it directly benefited me, and I'm madly biased in favor of his decision.

I will post some more pics in show us your gears thread, here is the HeadRoom Audiophile Desktop in most of its glory. Still need some bi-amp speaker cables and an IC from VVA, but it is in place with temporary cables and making me happy as I type.

2910224770_203bed738c.jpg?v=0

But surely, the Harbeth logo should be on the outer edge, not the inner edge, of the monitors, if you want to widen the soundstage? ;)

Seriously, Sweeeeet rig. And you still get billable work done? :)

Thanks Nate and Grahame. I am not likely to keep the covers on at all, but switching them did widen the soundstage dramatically! Thanks for the tip, Grahame! ;) Billable work is only enhanced by music, so the only thing keeping me from working is setting it up, taking pics, and posting here. :o

Well the first one I got was the LE which I gave away because it was black and not silver. :P Then I got a used silver unit which I sold primarily because I didn't need it much (had better HeadAmp amps at the time). It is a great amp though, could've easily been a permanent fixture if HeadAmp didn't make any other, better amps. ;)