Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

PS3 (160gb bundle w/uncharted) & a used copy of gta4. Got a couple used blu-ray discs as well.

Putting xubuntu on it tonight. :)

Any recommendations for a couple key games to get? Mainly using this for blu-ray and as a living room computer, but wouldn't mind checking out some of the really good titles.

Also, anyone have experience with any of the IR->bluetooth thingies? I'd like to use my fancy universal remote with it if possible. Weird that sony didn't put an IR reciever in it.

Blu-rays look awesome btw, though the new room and having the plasma wallmounted makes a big difference as well. :)

An Apple TV, the cheaper 40GB version.

It's pretty a cool toy for the price, especially considering that my 100+ year-old apartment gets free broadband wifi but doesn't have a cable/dish hookup for TV :palm:

I WISH there were a way to hook up my Apogee Duet to the thing for audio, while using the Apple TV HDMI for video. Still, it's a pretty nice gadget. Also bought Aqua Teen Hunger Force season 6 on DVD, and Rock of Love season 3 episode 1 on iTunes :D

I didn't buy it, but it's a nice tale. I got a 30GB iPod Video in Mar 2006 as a 10 year anniversary gift at work. I finally managed to rip enough music that I can no longer load my entire library on it. So Stacy (my wife) surprised me today with a silver 120GB Classic. ;D

That's a nicer gift than anything in the catalog-of-crap my previous employer (Aon eSolutions) offered. I didn't even bother to send in for my 5 year anniversary prize. Props to your wife :)

From what I read, the usb/spdif stages are identical. Its the DAC and headphone amp bits (and the type of outputs options) thats different. As I only need the transport part, theres no point spending twice as much.

I got the battery pack thing to go with it of course ;) if you're going to buy something, do it properly. Don't have an old zip drive. We went from floppy to CD-R. I hate to think how much that first 4x burner must have cost my father.

From what I read, the usb/spdif stages are identical. Its the DAC and headphone amp bits (and the type of outputs options) thats different. As I only need the transport part, theres no point spending twice as much.

For me it's nice to have all the outputs and the Lite wasn't available back then. I really wanted the BNC output though as it really is 75ohm.

I got the battery pack thing to go with it of course ;) if you're going to buy something, do it properly. Don't have an old zip drive. We went from floppy to CD-R. I hate to think how much that first 4x burner must have cost my father.

Batteries are ehhh.... yeah.... :rolleyes: I'm going to build a Sigma11 for it... :)