Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

morphsci-albums-main-album-picture591-aa-rack.jpg

Actually, there are two things that are half new. The first is my repaired AA V.1.0 and its new "Chuck-69" PSU. Thank you very much Pars.

The second is the rack I constructed for the upcoming meet. The shelves are newly cut from birch plywood but the legs are repurposed from a full size Sanus rack.

image removed

Actually, there are two things that are half new. The first is my repaired AA V.1.0 and its new "Chuck-69" PSU. Thank you very much Pars.

The second is the rack I constructed for the upcoming meet. The shelves are newly cut from birch plywood but the legs are repurposed from a full size Sanus rack.

That is a Chuck Norris worthy blinding LED

that little bugger rapes. it drives k1000 without clipping and stuff and is as hot as a tube amp with all its little class a-ness....like chuck norris as a preschooler. shitty ass jacks and volume pot though and the most pathetic little heatsinks you've ever seen. (dont know if it even does shit in the non-ventilated excuse of a case)

one day mine will shed it's little box and move into a big case with real heatsinks and jacks that dont squeak around because I used a bigger cable than the reddiewhiteys.

the amp is great with senns. it gives them the extra bit of texture and i can then pretend im listening to stats. the hr crossfeed is like, vintage extra strength, and most obvious processor ive heard.

is it good?

I liked it a lot when I last listened to it a lot, which was back in 2003. Then we moved and I lost it for a "while". I rediscovered it a few months ago but it had a bad headphone jack and had to be repaired. Plus I never discovered its original power supply. Any way, it sounds good now but that is with minimal listening time. I will be comparing it to the desktop portable which I do like, so we will see.

I'm also bringing it to the meet this weekend so it will be interesting to see what others think.

....one day mine will shed it's little box and move into a big case with real heatsinks and jacks that dont squeak around because I used a bigger cable than the reddiewhiteys...

Yep, my plan is to relocate it into a case that matches the PSU so there will be no more little jokes ... :indra: