Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

nyh4yt.jpg

2cz94cz.jpg

Konica Minolta DiMage Z1.

Whaaat? WTF do I want with an ancient 3.2MP point & shoot digital camera? I must be nuts. Well, yes, but... the Z1 is old enough that it doesn't have a very good IR filter, so it's very sensitive to that spectrum. With deep red filter in front of it, it makes an excellent infrared camera. There are resellers that offer "IR modded" cameras on eBay for exorbitant sums and sites that give instructions on how to DIY mod cameras for IR purposes, but I'm looking neither to be price gouged nor take apart anything as fiddly as a consumer digicam. I got this new old stock Z1 for $76 shipped, which is about what a decent circular polarizer for my 17-40mm L zoom costs. As a bonus the Z1 is old enough that it uses full sized Compact Flash cards, meaning it can share with my 30D.

Sony Walkman? Current model? Which one?

No, old model. D-EJ985.

Still: over-rated --

Wrong. D-EJ985 + ECD-1 = Good.

Well, good enough for the meet tomorrow at least...I really need a iMacLapBook or whatever the hell they're called these days. USB does not play nice with my DACs since I parted with the Pico. :palm:

I just use a drop-in infuser in a mug, especially when I'm trying a variety of different teas -- I don't want more than one cup in those cases. I use the SwissGold one, the 200, not the 300.

And an electric kettle to boil the water.

And if more than one cup, then a larger infuser and a teapot.

I tried the ingenuiTea from Adagio Teas (which is a similar item to the above), but I didn't like the way the lid wouldn't come off to throw it in the dishwasher (supposedly it does, but I couldn't figure it out without worrying about breaking it).