2 books: Sonar 8 Power, & Cakewalk Synthesizers

And a new desktop PC to replace my 10-year-old Pentium III, spec'd as follows:

- Intel Core i7 920 / X58

- 4GB RAM

- 750GB HDD

- ATI 4850 512MB

- 16x DVD-ROM & 16x DVD+/-RW

- Vista SP1

Got a massive tax refund, 'twas time to finally go for it! :)

Nice selection, Naaman. How was it?

Yeah, did you try the Saintsbury?

I hit up most of the beer but only grape product I made it to was the port. I'll let you know when I make it to the others in the what are you drinking thread.

Hey, me too! ;D;D

For some strange reason I feel I need to get one too. What is it and where can I find one. I can't read the photo when I blow it up, seems like the manufacturer is lambda something or other. Google knows not of what you post. :confused:

Yeah it's always been my first choice after encountering Sleestack's but he paid like 10k for his or something ridiculous, but it has a nice anodized or some other glossy type of finish. The finish on mine is ... ghetto powder coat maybe? And it's hellza scratched up but it was also ~160 after tax. Slashing 100 off my roomate's rent as he drove to Berkeley and helped me haul it over.

well, let's see pics of it.

Sure after I clean my room and set up more stuff on it. Just talked to Billy Bags we are estimating that its about 200 pounds and the spiked feet apparently are carpet friendly. She recommended talking with a powder coat place to get it refinished if I want to and sold me some spike protection things for 30 bucks for a set. A set of carpet glidey feet would be ~190 bucks so I think I'll wait on that for now.

Decided to try out some lower priced DACs with the new Squeezebox before going nuts so I picked up a Benchmark DAC1 and a Lavry DA-10 since everyone is dumping them cheap.

Don't know that I will like either one but at the prices I paid I should be able to turn them around if I decide I really need that Weiss DAC.

Lavry DA-11. It's true, it can do 24/88 over USB and needs no drivers.

I thought about one of those but as I only use Macs so as I understand it I can do 24/96 via the mini toslink output so I don't have to pay the price for a USB input.

Edited by VPI