Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Well kuboTEN lost a customer today. It's one thing to offer a bid service that has delays because they have humans looking over the bids but not telling me that I was outbid for nearly 24 hours after I was and conveniently after the auction had ended is absolutely ridiculous. Many said that Craig is a "gentleman" but when you're dealing in things costing thousands that's rather ridiculous/insane in my opinion. Is it too much to ask the human that's entering the bid notify the other KuboTEN users that they've been outbid when it happens not 24 hours later. I think not.

Edited by Dreadhead

Well kuboTEN lost a customer today. It's one thing to offer a bid service that has delays because they have humans looking over the bids but not telling me that I was outbid for nearly 24 hours after I was and conveniently after the auction had ended is absolutely ridiculous. Many said that Craig is a "gentleman" but when you're dealing in things costing thousands that's rather ridiculous/insane in my opinion. Is it too much to ask the human that's entering the bid notify the other KuboTEN users that they've been outbid when it happens not 24 hours later. I think not.

I think that bidding through Craig is difficult. It just doesn't seem to work that well. I've found that it is much better and more effective to let him know what you are looking for. If you give him time, he'll find it. I recommend letting him know your complaint. He seems like the kind of person who would probably take it seriously.

Sorry to hear about that. I think it's the problem with their bidding sytem, not himself. His communication is great and helpful. My experience is based on dealing directly from him though.

I agree, the things I bought from Craig he had already purchased. I did notice that it took awhile for an email reply, like he only worked on them once a day and that was it, but i did get a reply within 24 hours every time.

Same here. He only replies his emails once a day, normally at this time, but always keeps in touch within a day.

I think this would be a hard thing for a proxy bidding service to get right since they are hiding multiple people behind a single YJ account. I could certainly understand them not want to tell us bid amounts, but I do agree a simple "You have been outbid" would suffice. I tend to prefer the automated proxy services myself but I suspect they may not be any better if multiple users were bidding on the same auction.

Lol, someone needs a better ebay bidding strategy. Put in your max bid at the right time, and your done.

Biggie.

Yahoo Japan isn't as simple as ebay when you live outside of Japan. Most sellers will not ship outside the country so you have to have a go-between, and that person may also be acting on behalf of others in the same auction. That's essentially what KuboTEN was doing here.

24 hours is a perfectly reasonable email response time.

But if you were outbid before the bidding even started (I.E. by another Kuboten customer), he should have been able to tell you right away (as in, within 24 hours of you asking, rather than at the end of the auction).

Not bought yet, but one of the R2 DVD boxsets for Lain popped up on regular old ebay tonight, which I'm pretty much guaranteed to win for a good price to add to the Lain collection.

Dreadhead, Craig told me last night that kuboten is aiming to update their website with automatic bidding this summer. Also, he was unable to input bids past about 2-3 AM PST this morning because he had something personal come up from what I understand. I tried getting the O2s too :(

Dreadhead, it's not the end of the world if you've missed out. There will be other 717s and O2s available. It was just incredibly unlucky that this one happened to both end just before the major Golden Week holiday (which was why it went so cheap) and Craig had to deal with family stuff.

Actually, I could have very easily sniped that auction myself, since I have my own Yahoo ID here, but I knew there would be people here that wanted that and don't take advantage of situations that way.

Hi folks, Craig from kuboTEN here and I just wanted to make contact regarding this situation.

It is true, I'll be the first to admit that our multiple-customer bidding system as it stands right now is definitely not ideal. I would me remiss if I did not admit so. I can definitely understand Dreadhead's frustration in not receiving an outbid notice when being outbid by another kuboTEN customer.

However, please understand that we are a small company without the resources of an eBay (yet). Manually sending outbid notices on all the auction bids we receive is a logistics nightmare, and the automated functionality to email notify a customer that their bid has been beaten internally takes time to program, test, and integrate. This is the first time we've encountered so much parallel interest from kuboTEN customers on the same auction at once, and embarrassingly we've been caught with our pants down. It has been a learning experience for us and we are eager to remedy the situation.

A new kuboTEN website is under development and we will be implementing an auto-notification feature when our customers have been outbid internally, in addition to auto-bidding with a deposit. Hopefully the new site will roll out late this summer. We strive to be as transparent as possible regarding all our transactions, and we always encourage customer input to help us shape our company to be as useful to our customers as possible.

I sincerely apologize to all of our customers that have been inconvenienced by our inability to send outbid notices. Heck, if you were one of the folks who got outbid on the auction in question and you can make it out to Japan, a round of drinks on me! (you'll be responsible for the cab fare back to your hotel though)

I for one only can speak good things of Craig. He's the most supportive dealer I've met in this audio business, and always did his best to meet my demands.

I'm sure this problem with Dreadhead's outbidding is beyond Craig's intentions, and mainly due to two factors, the software to manage the bids at Yahoo.jp, and the time shift with Japan.

I can understand Dreadhead's frustration, but mate, you don't need to be so sarcastic referring to him in the way you did. He's a gentleman and even gentlemen make mistakes or can't attend things at some point.