Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

beethoven - symphonie nr.7 [berliner philharmoniker - herbert von karajan]

frederic chopin - 4 impromptus * 4 ballades [tamas vasary, piano]

bach: violinkonzerte in a-moll und e-dur [solist: david oistrach] / bach: konzert fur zwei violinen in d-moll [solisten: igor und david oistrach]

jean sibelius & antonin dvorak - violinkonzerte * violin concertos [berliner philharmoniker - shlomo mintz & james levine]

All on vinyl and Deutsche Grammophon.

Also got "the world of joan sutherland" on london, which I'm listening to right now and a 3 disc vinyl box set for Rachel: verdi - un ballo in maschera

Picked them all up at a sidewalk sale near my place for $16 CDN total. Everything but the Joan Sutherland is in perfect condition, and even it is pretty good with its occasional crackle and pop.

Someone is also selling a Canon A-1 with a 50mm lens and camera bag for $50. I have a friend coming down to check out the camera and if it is good I might just buy it. Good day for deals its seems. :)

At first glance I saw the 72.4 and thought that was the proof rating, OKaaayyy. then I saw the 140 proff next to it on the label. :eek:

I will need some time to get up the nerve to try this, perhaps after CJ.

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. :)

I love that movie. I also recommend picking up the original non "bueller... bueller...." edition on DVD too for $5 just for the awesome director's commentary that paramount neglected to include on the special edition.

You know the parade? Yeah, that was actually improvised during a real one. That construction worker on the building was actually dancing and those were not paid street dancers.

I got a Das Keyboard recently and like it very much. Yes, the name might be a bit weird.

It has labels on the keys and there's a choice of three models with different feel, pressure and sound of the keys.

I also have a clicky keyboard I got from Unicomp that feels and types great, but it is really loud and huge. I couldn't stand using it while listening to headphones. This Das Keyboard doesn't have as strong springs in the keys, but it is a lot quieter (but not silent) and also works very well.

Oh, and this came in the mail. The USB/FireWire hub.

IMG_1483.jpg

Form factor is perfect for the iMac and it lights up -- though why I would want to look at "moshi" all day is somewhat in question. But it works very well. Plugs into FW400 and USB simultaneously in order to draw enough juice to run self-powered and in return gives you two FW and 4 USB ports. No problems so far moving all the Logitech dongles onto the hub and now I don't have to swap the iPhone dock cable every time I want to get photos off the camera. Win.