Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I got a Das Keyboard recently and like it very much. Yes, the name might be a bit weird.

It has labels on the keys and there's a choice of three models with different feel, pressure and sound of the keys.

I also have a clicky keyboard I got from Unicomp that feels and types great, but it is really loud and huge. I couldn't stand using it while listening to headphones. This Das Keyboard doesn't have as strong springs in the keys, but it is a lot quieter (but not silent) and also works very well.

Those Unicomps look exactly like an IBM Type M..... ripoff/homage? I have several, they are certainly big and loud but nothing beats the feel...... okay, maybe a Northgate OmniKey..... I've been tempted by the letterless Das Keyboard several times but can't see the point until I kill all of my IBMs... which should be another 30-40 years.

Now that sounds interesting!

Probably more so if you're smart enough to know what they are.

I'm guessing tubes of some kind, is that close Renato?

...Nevermind, I see that it's an output transformer. And quite a lovely looking one at that!

On another note the case feet I ordered from Performance PC arrived today, and they're well made. Worth the sub $40.00 a set IMO. Especially for those special case up projects. Good find Naaman!

Edited by swt61

Kahr PM9

Nice. The PM9 has been my primary carry gun since they were introduced many years ago - it was in the early batches that had a barrel recall to reshape the feed ramp to be more reliable with a wider variety of ammo. I didn't have much problem with the original barrel except that it would not feed Corbon 115 gr +p+ at all. But everything else would feed fine and I still appreciated their customer service from Dottie at Kahr. I use a FIST kydex pocket holster which works great, and I have a Milt Sparks Watch Six dual talon holster for in the waistband as well (which I am feeling a bit too fat to use now). I keep 147 gr Ranger Talon loaded in it, and it's been very accurate with everything I have fired through it, and never fails to function. The only issue is that my night sights are starting to get dimmer than when I first got it, because of the age. I think they have to be replaced like every 10 years or so.

PS: I had the MK9 too and it is much heavier. I gave that away to my niece as a wedding present last summer a year ago. Maybe the most expensive gift I have given to date (husband Air Force Academy graduate, living off base in San Antonio, needed protection).

:( at this statement:

"Please send UPS Shipping Notification and Perodic E-Mail Specials

By checking the above box(es) you agree to accept the UPS Shipping Notification and Perodic E-Mail Specials. At any time, you can remove yourself from the Perodic E-mail Specials list by clicking the REMOVE link contained within the e-mail."

The Stratos Mono's arrived today. I was able to fit them in the shelve of my rack by removing the shelve and resting the amps on the cones that the shelves rest on. Looks good and so far they sound excellent. They are in great condition. They weigh in at about 40 pounds each.

The Stratos Mono's arrived today. I was able to fit them in the shelve of my rack by removing the shelve and resting the amps on the cones that the shelves rest on. Looks good and so far they sound excellent. They are in great condition. They weigh in at about 40 pounds each.

Pics or ban... pics or ban!

Damn, those things are huge! I'm glad you got them - I was this close to pulling the trigger since the seller was only about an hour away - my wallet thanks you for your continued effort to revitalize the economy. ;D

They pass the first test, they work. So far, one up on the McCormack. They fit in the rack, not sure about the McCormack yet.

I'm glad I could help. I am trying to do my share.

Mike, I have been very impressed with the Stratos Mono Extreme SEs I am running now.

They say you are supposed to keep them on 24x7 and it is supposed to improve the sound. I have no idea why but the consensus seems to be 30 days 24x7 before they come to life.

A Canon LIDE 200 scanner. Need to scan research papers and convert to PDF, as well as the added organization of going paperless with receipts, etc.

Dinny, have you found a good solution for 'tagging' your scanned files? Right now I started using the EXIF data of jpg files for keywords from each receipt.