Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I listened to the UDAC quite a bit at CanJam as it was on my list of potential DACs for the Squeezebox. I thought it was quite good on our begged, borrowed and stolen rig at CanJam.

I call dibs on Dinny's.

Dinny if you want to borrow the M^3 to use with your new HD800s let me know. I got a few minutes with this pairing and Thrice's Buffalo DAC at CanJam and thought it was great.

I was under the impression that he was using a portable amp with the HD-800s and I also was hoping to get a more in depth, than the few minutes I spent with Tyll's, review of the HD-800s with the M^3 before putting in my order. :D

You bought 3 catapults? I have not heard of the backyard version. Have a pic?

It's this one - TK3 Model Trebuchet. It's closer to being a desktop model than a backyard model, but it's supposed to be able toss a projectile over 40 feet - got them for part of groomsmen gifts.

They also offer much bigger backyard models - [url=http://www.trebuchet.com/10101]Floating Arm Trebuchet

2 1.5tb barracudas (to replace the drobo)

1 macbook topcase (my replacement has already started to crack, so I can forsee having to replace it soon, and newegg had a new model replacement for $30)

4 LED lightbulbs

Oooh. What wattage? How many lumens? What color temp? How much did they cost? ;)

Last month I bought a handful of half-watt LED nightlights, and I have been sorely disappointed with them. Out of the box they were blindingly bright, but in less than two weeks they had faded to 1/2 to 1/4 of their initial output power. That's pretty sad even by the standards of cheap Chinese knock-offs. I have looked at LED bulbs for conventional fixtures, but I haven't seen any in a price range where I'm willing to gamble on them yet.

At $8 apiece, I was willing to gamble on them. link

And yes, they are cheap Chinese knock-offs. I don't care, they already own the country, I figure I could float them a few bucks.

Let us know how it turns out. I'm interested in trying it out too.

About $100 worth of machining for a certain primate's amp project.

Someone really needs to teach you the meaning of "retirement," though as I'm listening to the 225s right now, it sure won't be me :)

I will listen to them until some other shiny new toy grabs my attention and then I will forgot all about them.

Sounds about right.