Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

That makes you Bi.

If I'm not gay does that mean I can't buy a Mac until I decide to swing the other way? Is there a minimum man-count or minimum time limitation before being gay enough to have an Apple?

All of a sudden I feel like I'm in crisis as I want a macbook but haven't found Mr right at this time :(

Based upon the fantastic performance of the PBN EPS2 Signature speakers used in the Can Jam Steve Hoffman room, I decided to start with their Monitor speakers for my office. It is apparent that my DIY office speaker project will never get off the ground and I love the PNB presentation so the decision was a natural. Now for the Manley gear I have been lusting after.

Based upon the fantastic performance of the PBN EPS2 Signature speakers used in the Can Jam Steve Hoffman room, I decided to start with their Monitor speakers for my office. It is apparent that my DIY office speaker project will never get off the ground and I love the PNB presentation so the decision was a natural. Now for the Manley gear I have been lusting after.

Awesome Greg. Those speakers really did sound good. Although I think it was the transport/DAC mostly. :P Congrats and good luck with the Manleys.

media.nl?id=7444&c=ACCT106601&h=d595e28fd9582e37ce1f

After 2 years with a Benz Glider, and with the Kensingtons being above its capabilities, it was time for a change. My time with the reel deck, plus an audition today of a Kontrapunkt "a" on a known reference (HD650 w/ Gilmore V2) have convinced me there's room for significant improvement beyond the Glider. The "a" was just fabulous. Super clean sound, super bass impact, not a trace of smearing - same price point as the Glider, too. Haven't heard the "c" yet, but it's positioned a few models above the "a" so it should be good stuff...

I believe the problems I've been having with the supertweeters on vinyl (they're superb with reel tapes) are due to the Glider. It's a slight splashy sound, a bit of harshness in the upper range.

Neil Young's "Archives Volume One" box set on BluRay arrived today. I've never seen a box set anywhere near this huge before. It measures 12" H x 7.5" x 7.5" -- just way over the top and unnecessary.

But the good news is that the content is outstanding, including an impressive book that comes with it that documents the entire '63-'72 period. That, and a normal sized box within the jumbo box that stores all of the discs.

Sad thing is I can't listen to or watch any of it for now! No access to a BluRay player until I get back on the road and get my PS3 hooked up again.

Neil Young's "Archives Volume One" box set on BluRay arrived today. I've never seen a box set anywhere near this huge before. It measures 12" H x 7.5" x 7.5" -- just way over the top and unnecessary.

But the good news is that the content is outstanding, including an impressive book that comes with it that documents the entire '63-'72 period. That, and a normal sized box within the jumbo box that stores all of the discs.

Sad thing is I can't listen to or watch any of it for now! No access to a BluRay player until I get back on the road and get my PS3 hooked up again.

The amount of effort they've put into that sounds almost unbelievable. And there's four more volumes to come! Neil should just go ahead and change his name to Ozymandias. :)

i dont have that much money. nor am i gay.

I don't know, they just dropped the price, upped the speed, added an SD card slot, fw, far better battery life than a PC notebook will ever get, it is solid aluminum so it doesn't flex at all, glass multi-touch trackpad and they aren't POS.

On the other subject, if you say so.

im getting 7 hours on just the single battery and 13 hours with the extra battery in the cd drive bay. not sure i will be away from a wall socket for that long. even if that were to drop to half that number in a few years, id still be very happy with the unplugged performance. adding a ssd really does help out in the battery life dept. runs fast as hell too.

macs are still a premium for me. i paid $884 for the laptop and another $120 for the ssd. thats less than $1100 shipped. going to bitch at lenovo today about the shoddy work on the back panel and see if i can get them to ship me the missing screw.

Awesome Greg. Those speakers really did sound good. Although I think it was the transport/DAC mostly. :P Congrats and good luck with the Manleys.

Well the Galibier, EMM Labs, and Berkeley Audio DAC are on my shopping list but I will have to wait for my IPO next year to travel down that road. :P Until then I will have to make do.

Edited by Augsburger
Berkeley DAC

i dont have that much money. nor am i gay.

If you buy esw9s from ebay, you deserve to get fakes.

oh...and I'm gay.

I'm gay too you damned homophobe! Just what exactly did you mean by that derogatory remark?

Ever been bitchslapped with size 13 Prada pumps?