Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

A box of Rocky Patel The Edge from CI. I bought the single Partagas Black Label in order to qualify (by $ spent) for the free humidor, pictured on the left. Not a bad little box; comes with a humidity disk. I already have a digital hydrometer to toss in.

rockycig.jpg

Eclipse CD5030

CD5030_lights.jpg

the CDP in my car died, and Ford charges something like $800 to replace it, so I just went down to the local car audio shop and bought this. Added bonuses include hands free bluetooth for my iphone (which is way awesomer then I thought it would be) and a USB connection which I haven't used yet, but I'm going to pickup a thumb drive and load it with MP3s.

Fun deck, I haven't purchased an after market car stereo since I was a teenager.

yeah, what a lame pic. Here's a better one:

tds1k-2k-lg.jpg

I'm very excited. It's the same DSO that Ti uses, but 2-ch and not color. Otherwise, it's identical. I'm most excited about trying the FFT functions, that are now included by default in this line. Ti says they are interesging, but don't completely replace a nice sound card setup with RMAA. Perhaps that means they are good enough for me :)

Also, the USB connection and the ability to print directly to a printer is also included by default, without upgrading. Once you start to look at what Tek is "throwing in" from a feature standpoint over the older three-digit series, it's pretty amazing.

All that, and the slim form factor!

Good thing it comes with manuals.

I don't know squat about car decks, but that one looks fucking cool posty :).

yes, the look is very 90s car audio, which I like. shopping around for decks, I think the current trend for head units is a more stock look.

mine even has the old detachable face! do car stereos even get stolen anymore?