Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Round trip ticket from SBA to PHL (Philadelphia) for my niece's wedding in the Scranton area next weekend. Unfortunately, this won't be no DanJam.

Greg, I have a couple of Ojai Vineyard questions for you. My local winestore has the following:

Ojai Vineyard 2004 Syrah Thompson Vineyard...$31.99

Ojai Vineyard 2004 Syrah Whitehawk Vineyard...$31.99

Are you familiar with these two Syrahs? Are these good prices and do you recommend one over the other?

Edited by guzziguy

My local winestore has the following:

Ojai Vineyard 2004 Syrah Thompson Vineyard...$31.99

Ojai Vineyard 2004 Syrah Whitehawk Vineyard...$31.99

Are you familiar with these two Syrahs? Are these good prices and do you recommend one over the other?

I was offered through subscription, the 2004 Syrah Thompson for $36 direct from Ojai. I have never had the Whitehawk Syrah but the White Hawk Chardonnay is great. Apples to oranges I know or better Syrah to Chardonnay comparison I know.

Anyway the $31.99 price is a good price and I would go with Whitehawk, then Roll Ranch then Thompson, but they are all good. Look up Molly Dooker Shiraz, all of their Shiraz's are great and I am going to place an order before I leave for RAMF.

Mundorf RXF Capacitors. Never tried them before. Using them in a CLC supply with a custom Electra-Print choke. I'm not really sure how I'll secure them to the case, as they are an odd shape. My previous plan using motor-run caps failed miserably, as I'm now constrained to 48mm high case and don't want to stick them on top...

How are you liking them?

I hooked them up last night about midnight... and not wanting to be up all night, I only verified they made sound for like 2 seconds... listened to them for about an hour this morning.

Overall an excellent speaker... certainly lives up to the many reviews I've read and I'm only driving it off this 70w Rotel class AB SS. Lots of detail and transparency, very "correct" sounding, in that the instruments sound like they're supposed to. The bass is tight and controlled, but there's obviously an octave or two missing. I need to spend more time with them before I can pick them apart and I need a new amp :-)

I picked these up used with the intention of spending some time with them to see if I'm prepared to drop around $10k on a new pair of the VSM's.

mjb

I hooked them up last night about midnight... and not wanting to be up all night, I only verified they made sound for like 2 seconds... listened to them for about an hour this morning.

Overall an excellent speaker... certainly lives up to the many reviews I've read and I'm only driving it off this 70w Rotel class AB SS. Lots of detail and transparency, very "correct" sounding, in that the instruments sound like they're supposed to. The bass is tight and controlled, but there's obviously an octave or two missing. I need to spend more time with them before I can pick them apart and I need a new amp :-)

I picked these up used with the intention of spending some time with them to see if I'm prepared to drop around $10k on a new pair of the VSM's.

mjb

What stands are you using? Where's the pictures?

What stands are you using? Where's the pictures?

I'll stop by the boss's office and let him know I'll be leaving work now to go home and listen to my new speakers and take pictures for head-case :-)

For stands I'm using an embarrassing but effective combination of solid wood bar stools topped-off by Primacoustic recoil stabilizers (basically 10lbs of steel and foam compressed into a 2 inch pad that the speaker sits on)...

I'll take some pictures tonight.

mjb

grawk and cetoole told me about this: DD-WRT :: News

But I have a v6 and it was going to be a pain in the ass.

It's still useful for stability. Even the micro version. I find tomato to be a tad more reliable but v6 won't run it. If you could find a GL, I'd highly recommend that. The only reason I haven't upgraded to n is the fact that neither firmware is well developed for those routers yet.