Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I have reserved judgment until I can connect the ULN-2 to my main system.

I definitely prefer the interface of the PS Audio. If John had not been around to tell me how to set it up I probably would have given up.

The guts to my new computer (core 2 duo guts going into the wife's machine)

Asus P7P55D mobo

Intel Core i5-750

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 SDRAM

Antec True Power New 550w PSU

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler

Have not decided on new video card (currently using Radeon HD4850) or hard drive, so I will keep those in until later upgrades.

intel_core_i5.jpg

35-103-065-S01?$S640W$

asus-p7p55d-1.jpg

20-231-193-05.jpg

I have two. Great subs!

Yah, just one 10" woofer seems good enough with the Transformers 2 last night, so I think I will be pleased. Now I just need a proper cable to connect both subs at the same time. The Tributaries RCA subwoofer cable that I bought has the Y-split on the wrong end so that the cables after the split are way too short - so the two subs would have to be set back-to-back. Unfortunately I am dealing with a ground loop that I need to fix as well, because when I plug the RCA LFE into the sub I then get a hum through all 5.1 speakers (unless I convert the 3-prong subwoofer power cable to a 2-prong).

My plan is to use them for music a lot as well as for movies. So I also thought it would be fun some day to try the subs in my 2-ch rig. I could use my Apogee mini-DAC feeding its XLR out into each sub, and then feed its single ended output into my Yamaha AV receiver so that the receiver can drive my Polk SDA CRS speakers (I set jumpers so the Apogee's volume control affects all the outputs). This should be fun, as I used to have an MK 15" subwoofer with 250 watts running along with the Polk SDA CRS back in the mid 80's.

Yah, just one 10" woofer seems good enough with the Transformers 2 last night, so I think I will be pleased. Now I just need a proper cable to connect both subs at the same time. The Tributaries RCA subwoofer cable that I bought has the Y-split on the wrong end so that the cables after the split are way too short - so the two subs would have to be set back-to-back. Unfortunately I am dealing with a ground loop that I need to fix as well, because when I plug the RCA LFE into the sub I then get a hum through all 5.1 speakers (unless I convert the 3-prong subwoofer power cable to a 2-prong).

My plan is to use them for music a lot as well as for movies. So I also thought it would be fun some day to try the subs in my 2-ch rig. I could use my Apogee mini-DAC feeding its XLR out into each sub, and then feed its single ended output into my Yamaha AV receiver so that the receiver can drive my Polk SDA CRS speakers (I set jumpers so the Apogee's volume control affects all the outputs). This should be fun, as I used to have an MK 15" subwoofer with 250 watts running along with the Polk SDA CRS back in the mid 80's.

That's just it...they have enough output for movies (for my tatse anyway), but make an excellent music sub, because of the fast, controlled nature of the 10" woofer.