Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Sweet. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

I sure hope so. Been wanting to try one for a VERY loooooong time now. Finally gave in to the curiosity.

Congrats on the W5000, I hope you like them. Always was curious about the AT woodies but they were and still are too expensive for me.
I do hate closed, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to hear them.:D Also, some of them are real purdy...

Yeah, I was in the same boat. Have always been intrigued by the W5000... Have tried the other AT woodies and loved them, but, this particular one... it gets some very mixed reactions. And yes, some of them look really purdy. I have to admit, that was partly why I wanted to have one.

I loved the way "moonboy"over at HF polished his W5000 to a freaking shiny gloss! Did any of you guys see that one? :o

Pretty good cans if you can get them adjusted to your noggin just right. I'm gonna see if Smeggy will fix mine so the cups will pivot up and down.

My noggin could be considered medium ~ almost large, so I'm hoping that it won't be too much of hassle to get them adjusted properly... We'll see once they get here. I'll have to wait two weeks though because I leave for overseas tomorrow and won't be back until then.

Want now. :(:chair:

Wut? Did you foresake the ULN-2?

More importantly, which one is going on the sale block? :D

Forsaken, that's a bit strong. I've never had a balanced source and amp at the same time. With the KGSS and PW, I will have both. I just ordered 15' Emotiva xlr cables so I can keep the KGSS on the desk to the right of where I sit.

It was causing a ground loop in my system and moving it eliminated the problem. I love the ULN-2 but I am not using it as a phono stage as it has been too noisy. The move to an Amarra 4 will not happen, it's too expensive. I'm

hoping the PW does the trick. I can run SE into my speaker rig and b22 and balanced to the KGSS, an option I don't have with the LN-2.

Jim, not sure what I am going to do. I have one person that has expressed an interest in the ULN-2 but nothing definite.

I loved the way "moonboy"over at HF polished his W5000 to a freaking shiny gloss! Did any of you guys see that one? :o

Nice.:o I think if I ever saw a W2002 to in person my pants may develop a wet spot. Same with that Lundahl iron, so my idea of sexy may be a little off.

2 NC3MX-B, 3 NC4MX, 3 NC4FX, 1 NP3C-BAG for me. Stupid non-matching colors, but whatever.

Stax extension cable, replacement cable, headpad, earpads, backing foam, mineral wool...... and Yamas seems to have sent it all UPS Standard despite me asking for USPS, so I will get hit with custom broker fees, duty, and I can't just pick it up at the post office at the end of the day :palm:

:( Are you fully refurbing your Lambda? It's a really good headphone so it'll be worth it in the end, but that sucks.

Pretty much...... everything except taking the drivers apart. All wisdom everywhere suggests that would be a bad idea ;)

But on one of the drivers I will still need to find a way to straighten out the black steel mesh that sits against the ear. It has been bent/pushed-in a bit and is touching the internal dust cover. Ripping the dust cover would be a baaaaad outcome.

Heh, I may have to end up doing that with the drivers on the Lambda Sig I'm getting so that ought to be fun. More likely than not I'll just end up destroying the drivers.

Yeah, ripping the dustcover would definitely be bad, though it is sort of replaceable if it does get torn. That may affect the sound, though... good luck with straightening it out. I'm sure Birgir will have a tip or two.

Stax extension cable, replacement cable, headpad, earpads, backing foam, mineral wool...... and Yamas seems to have sent it all UPS Standard despite me asking for USPS, so I will get hit with custom broker fees, duty, and I can't just pick it up at the post office at the end of the day :palm:

Ouch. They are going to rape you.