Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Just to follow up on this purchase, they work well, given a somewhat limited scope of work. They don't, however, work for shit on anything that has teflon coating.

Does anything work well on teflon wire? I had just resigned myself that difficulty stripping teflon was the price I paid for being too careless to solder PVC wire without melting it.

Yesterday I ordered FPE panels for my y2 and Exstata. Today, $50 worth of S/S socket cap screws in various sizes and with/without black oxide.

I still got that horrible sinking feeling when placing the FPE order that one of my measurements will be wrong :)

Does anything work well on teflon wire? I had just resigned myself that difficulty stripping teflon was the price I paid for being too careless to solder PVC wire without melting it.
I find standard, old school wire strippers work just fine. I was just hoping to find a faster way. I'm also guessing that the type of auto=stripper that Marc linked to would work well.

I still got that horrible sinking feeling when placing the FPE order that one of my measurements will be wrong :)
I hear you, it can be a bit nerve wracking. And since you're on the east coast have you tried Cam-Expert? I would have thought they'd be cheaper and faster for you.

I hear you, it can be a bit nerve wracking. And since you're on the east coast have you tried Cam-Expert? I would have thought they'd be cheaper and faster for you.

I will next time, absolutely. But because the big part of this order is for part of a matching stack with my DAC which already has FPE panels, I thought FPE was the safe bet to match colour and texture of the material.

The ones I use (I linked to them above) slice through Teflon like buttah. In fact I just finished some IC's made from Kimber TC wire and it stripped that teflon easily. Same goes for the Belden/Navship stuff.

The last thing I bought would be some Neutrik XLR's for the aforementioned IC's plus some generic XLR's and a cheap microphone cable for a ghetto AES/EBU cable.